A new guest in our house

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's scared to death, he has a weepy eye and a crop of fleas, but I have hope for socializing him.

Does a name strike anyone?

A very kind couple found him in their back yard, escaping from something. They're allergic, and have big dogs, but they put him in their bathroom overnight and brought him in. They were genuinely concerned about him, and offered to pay the adoption fee.

If you pick him up, he'll purr. He doesn't struggle to get down. But if you put him down, he immediately scoots for a hiding place.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awww the poor baby. I would name him Bugsy( because of the fleas)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw - what a little sweetie!
How old is he? "Toby" popped into my head.

ETA: love his ticked fur!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, he looks sweet. What a scary start he has had! I vote for the name Peanut. Cus' he looks like a wittle peanut.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is turning into quite the little lovebug. The shelter put flea killer on him, so I think they're all gone. There were lots of dead ones lying around on the counter, etc.

A name that occurred to me was Jeeves, because he looks like he has a gray coat, gloves, and spats on.

He is very noisy; he desparately wants attention, as soon as he hears us up and about.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

He is turning into quite the little lovebug. The shelter put flea killer on him, so I think they're all gone. There were lots of dead ones lying around on the counter, etc.

A name that occurred to me was Jeeves, because he looks like he has a gray coat, gloves, and spats on.

He is very noisy; he desparately wants attention, as soon as he hears us up and about.
Awwww!!! What a little sweetie. Jeeves is a cute name and unusual!

sammyp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For some reason the name "Sinbad" popped straight into my head when I saw him.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now, we're going with Jeeves, but if we see a name that fits better, we'll go with it!

Take a look at the video I posted of him. Maybe it will inspire someone.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jeeves' eye wasn't improving and he still had soft stool, so we took him to the vet for a checkup on Saturday. This morning, they called, saying he had both roundworms and coccidia.

We have to go out of town Wednesday for about 5 days to a funeral up in Massachusetts, so I had to take him back to the shelter. It really hurt, but they said they had the medicine to treat him and wouldn't put him to sleep without checking with me.

Sterling already misses his little buddy.

Of course, I'm a little worried about our cats, too.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww. I'm sorry that Jeeves still isn't feeling well. I'm praying that he starts to feel better soon. Be careful on your trip. Do you plan on getting Jeeves when you return? I sure hope so.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh is he one adorable little fella! Hope you have a safe trip - and Jeeves comes home after you're back to finish his socialization!

for all the kitties.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jeeves is back.

The shelter came to the same conclusion as the vet, and after his coccidia treatment was done, they put him out for adoption. But after only about a week, he came down with a URI. They treated it for a week, but his coccidia flared back up. They concluded that with the stress, etc., of the shelter, that they weren't confident of gettting him cured. They called us and asked if we wanted to foster him again for a while, in hopes of the calm house helping him heal.

So, we brought him home again. We have the amoxycillin for the URI, and albon for his coccidia. But he's desparately lonely isolated in the bathroom.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how we can get him better ASAP? Especially, what can we do to get him able to deal with the house cats, especially Sterling, who dearly loved him.