Glee

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is my new favourite show. If you haven't watched it, it's worth checking out. Yes it's a high school singing type show, but it's quirky and touching too.

Tonight's episode had me wetting myself with laughter - the scene with Kurt and the footballers, then the actual football game. OMG so funny!!!!

And the final scene with Kurt and his dad

Any other Gleeks out there??

Edit: I should add that my 30-something techy husband now loves the show too and also thought tonight's episode was great

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they just showed the first episode last week here and i liked it! its on tonight again at 7:30!

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh oh! I've watched every episode so far. I really like it. There are moments when it is a bit irritating, but I enjoy it overall. It helps that Matthew Morrison and Cory Monteith aren't too shabby looking. hehe

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fox has most of its shows available to view online, On Demand. Just Google Fox On Demand, and watch them online. Glee is one of them.

I was intrigued, but my DH HATES any show that's musical (yet, he's very into music, huh). So, I watched the first episode last night and I LOVE it! I can't wait to find time to watch the next ones.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Can't stand it
What ....
you don't like dancing foot ball players and whiny high school girls?
What's not to like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Fox has most of its shows available to view online, On Demand. Just Google Fox On Demand, and watch them online. Glee is one of them.

I was intrigued, but my DH HATES any show that's musical (yet, he's very into music, huh). So, I watched the first episode last night and I LOVE it! I can't wait to find time to watch the next ones.
My DH hates anything with music too, but he's loving it

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think for the type of show it is, its very well done. It could be REALLY REALLY CORNY if it didn't have the cast it does and how some of the shots are done.

But I think you either love it or hate it. I am loving it right now. We shall see if it continues to enrapture me.

I missed it this week though. I was watching Criminal Minds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

I think for the type of show it is, its very well done. It could be REALLY REALLY CORNY if it didn't have the cast it does and how some of the shots are done.

But I think you either love it or hate it. I am loving it right now. We shall see if it continues to enrapture me.

I missed it this week though. I was watching Criminal Minds.
Make sure you watch it online, this last episode really was awesome.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have computer access from work only, or else I would. I don't think my coworkers would appreciate it.

I know the last couple of weeks they've been doing "encore" presentations on either a friday or sunday night. I'll see if they do it again this week. If not..reruns!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the first episode & found it OK, but this week I loved it. The dancing football players were too funny & there was a little touching moment at the end. I was supprised as I didn't think I'd like it, but I like Ugly Betty so maybe it's not that suprising.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've managed to view all of the shows so far. I'm enjoying it.

I like the music/singing/dancing, but yesterday when I watched the most recent episode online I found myself fast forwarding through their spontaneaous singing/dancing scenes. Maybe it's because I watched all of the shows in one day over the weekend, but I just couldn't sit through those scenes yesterday. I enjoy the stories/plots and the character dynamics though.