Here is Flame :)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who is deep in shed for her welcome home pics, of course

at least she's already named

Next yr I'm going to breed her to one of 3 males: either my blood het charcoal, or my het blood, anery, amel, hypo or male het amel, lavender, blood, charcoal.

Pairing 1: pros - should get 50% bloods, 50% normals, unless she is het charcoal, then I would get 50% bloods, 50% pewters. Nice mixup, and I love pewters. Con: I'm only testing for one het, and could end up with a bunch of normals.

Pairing 2: pros: proving out whether Flame is het for 4 different things.... If she is, I'd have a great mixup of babys..... Fires, Granites, bloodreds, hypo bloodreds, and the list goes on. Cons: if she's not het anything, again, I'll end up with alot of normals het blood, and some bloods.

Pairing 3: same pros and cons as # 2

Talking it out helps, I'll be doing Pairing number 2 or 3. Probally 2 because anery and amel are the most common hets.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm curious, how do you house all of your snakes? Do they have individual aquariums or do they stay in these bowls? The reason I ask is I just bought some rats from someone who keeps their snakes on a shelf in some plastic boxes... I didn't know if that was normal to keep snakes like that or not?

Edit:
Okay I googled snake racks and such... do hatchlings just go in these boxes? Do they just live in these boxes until you sell them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

I'm curious, how do you house all of your snakes? Do they have individual aquariums or do they stay in these bowls? The reason I ask is I just bought some rats from someone who keeps their snakes on a shelf in some plastic boxes... I didn't know if that was normal to keep snakes like that or not?

Edit:
Okay I googled snake racks and such... do hatchlings just go in these boxes? Do they just live in these boxes until you sell them?
I house my snakes on a racking system as well, prolly very similiar to the one you've seen. The boa's are in 5ft tanks though, and I have one tank that I rotate some of the corns thru for a change/exercise/etc.

The bins house babies, juvies and adults. The racking systems allow us to heat the snakes in a very efficient manner, and the snakes don't seem to mind the tubs.

Mind you, if I had the room and the $ for the additional hydro, I'd love to let them all be in tanks

The circle container that Flame is in, that is how snakes are sold at the shows... People have different ways of dealing with snakes once they buy them. I personally keep them in their containers for 2 days, then move the containers into their bins and open the lid.... After a week or so, I will then feed them. (snakes can stress easily, that is why I do what I do.... these snakes have gone through hours of car rides, been in and out of boxes, etc for the past few days... its good to let them have some peace and quiet, so they can relax)

Originally Posted by LDG

OK - you say she's in deep shed. But she's gorgeous. So what does that mean?
Her colour is alot different.... Shed is what causes the bluish tinge over her eyes, the dull/drab/opaque look of her skin. Once she sheds off that skin, she'll be nice and deep red with no cloudy look.

Pics to come of her post shed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

So how long does it take to shed?
bout a week or so....and yes she's shed
I'm a little behind.