Question Of The Day - Wednesday, September 23rd!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! It looks like it's going to be an unusual weather day for late September....hot and rainy....how odd!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

What is the title of the last book you read?

I think the last book I read was Lee Child's "Gone Tomorrow." I LOVE his books, and pre-order them from Amazon.com, when he has a new one coming out. He just doesn't write them fast enough!

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Puppy Chow is Better Than Prozac" by Bruce Goldstein... an EXCELLENT book about how animals can change our lives for the better and give us something to live for, even when faced with overwhelming challenges (in this case, mental illness). I recommend this book to ANYone. My husband is reading it now, he loves it already.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been on a Betty Smith binge. Yesterday (home with a Fibromyalgia attack) I finished Tomorrow Will Be Better, read in it's entirety Joy In the Morning, and started A Tree Grows In Brooklyn when I went to bed.

Before that I read The House of the Scorpion and A Girl Named Disaster, both by Nancy Farmer

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read "Portuguese Irregular Verbs" by Alexander McCall Smith. Now I'm onto the second in his series, and it had me laughing out loud!

I agree with you about Lee Child!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I read about 3 books a week
but the very last one is Cast in Shadow by Michelle Sagara. Its first in a fantasy series.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The last on I finished was The Cat Who Walks Through Walls by Robert Heinlein. I liked The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and wanted to try some of his other books. Unfortunately, I didn't much care for this latest book at all. About 2/3 of the way through, it went from a vaguely plausible alternate future to total craziness with alternate universes, time travel, 2000 year old people, etc. I had to struggle to finish the last of it. Oh, and the cat (actually a kitten) only appeared a couple of times in an incidental manner.

Now I working on Moby Dick. I never had to read it in school, so I wanted to see what I was missing. I can pick up classics pretty cheaply at the used bookstore, so I have a rather large pile of them now.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Last one I finished was Charlie Huston's The Mystic Arts of Erasing all Signs of Death. It's a bit odd, centering on a Hollywood cover up and a turf war between crime scene clean-up companies, but it's a quick and amusing read.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last book I read was YOU CAN'T DRINK ALL DAY IF YOU DON'T START IN THE MORNING by Celia Rivenbark. Celia is a very funny writer local writer who has written several books and has a column in several newspapers. She's also lives right across the street from me, and I Kittysit for her and she Kittysits for me. Very funny book.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tell Me Where it Hurts by Dr. Nick Trout...its an autobiography about a day in the life of an Aminal surgeon. and it was REALLY good my sister stole it from me while I was mid-page to look at it and didn't give it back for a few hours. LOL. and right now I'm working (slowly) through child Development and Education for my child development class.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in the midst of Cruel & Unusual, Patricia Cornwell.

The last book I finished was "Appassionatta" by Jilly Cooper.

I ran out of books and have been stealing paperbacks from the cottage
. I need some real books again...

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it was The Bourne Betrayal - based off Robert Ludlum's Bourne series.

I just started reading "Hello Vodka, are you there? It's me Chelsea". Only on page 50 but it's pretty funny so far.

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I'm currently reading "Plain Truth" by Jodi Picoult. I looove it and I can't wait to see what happens at the end. I highly recommend it.

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would say that is appropiate for teens. It's a great book that shows differences in cultures, different ways of life, religion, beliefs, etc. It is about an 18 year old girl, so it is also relateable.