The pic that got away

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not entering this for the contest, because the composition is not good, but when I went upstairs tonight I discovered that Bonaparte and Ellie had taken possession of my bed, and I could not help thinking that the pic matched the title of the competition perfectly. I am still not sure how to disturb them!

katiecaraline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oooh, they look so sweet and innocent! I know when my kitty is sleeping I don't ever want to wake her because she looks so content! Kitties are so angelic asleep.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Aw, they look so comfy and cozy. No way I would disturb them.
It depends on how tired I was. If I needed a nap, I'd definitely wake the one sprawled across the bed!!
But I'd rub that tummy first!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's dangerous to disturb Bonaparte when he is asleep - it is the only time he might show aggression and I think comes from the time when he was a stray. He wakes up claws ready to fight. I had to pull the coverlet across on top of him, then crawl in under the duvet and gently push him from underneath! He didn't move much, just enough to let me have bed space. I let Ellie stay on her pillow though as I could use the other one. The sacrifices we make.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to negotiate with Cindy most nights -- and she's even awake at the time, but I still have to ask "Can Mum come in? Mum's tired. She'd like to lie down. Please?" And then she shifts an inch and a half toward Daddy's side.

They're very sweet, though. And too bad you weren't happy with the composition -- it would have been a perfect shot for the contest!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It depends on how tired I was. If I needed a nap, I'd definitely wake the one sprawled across the bed!!
But I'd rub that tummy first!
True. There is that. My boys aren't allowed in my bedroom, though, so that isn't a problem for me. (I'm really allergic, and I sleep poorly as is. They have full run of the rest of the house). When we nap together, though, I always hate having to disturb them when it's time for me to get up.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, you just need to find a place on the floor, or under the bed to sleep, they own the bed