How old do you think Abbey is?

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her eyes are no longer blue so I would say 8+ weeks. She may just be undernourished and small. She is cute

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

Her eyes are no longer blue so I would say 8+ weeks. She may just be undernourished and small. She is cute
Eight weeks is when their eyes turn? Wow then she was eight weeks or older when I found her.

allfurlove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think your kitten could be 8 wks. The kitten on that site is very roly-poly lol...probably was still nursing, and I assume your kitten is not since you got her at 6 wks? There are sites that show the development of the teeth, and that is more accurate....I thought I had one bookmarked but now I cant seem to find it....

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my kittens eyes have turned from blue around 7-9 weeks. I always know when I see people giving away little blue eyed beauties that they are to young to be leaving their mommies...unless they are going to be blue eyed adults of course

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

Most of my kittens eyes have turned from blue around 7-9 weeks. I always know when I see people giving away little blue eyed beauties that they are to young to be leaving their mommies...unless they are going to be blue eyed adults of course
She was one of my feral's babies. She was really sick so I had to take her.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like she is doing better now. I hope she continues to grow, she is a cutie for sure!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I join with the others - 8-10 weeks.

I've been caring for a mommy feral for over a year, her kittens were first seen mid December 2008, their eyes were blue. One kitten (a female) hasn't gotten all that big -- even though she was nursing (along with the canned meat and premium dry food I was feeding them) until she was about 4 months (even after they were spayed).

She just doesn't seem to have the appetite that her brother has. She's really healthy - just not that big. Her mommy isn't that big either. The thing is,-- if I was just now seeing her -- for the first time of her life, -- I would guess that's she more like 6 months, when in reality - she's probably closer to 11 months. I'm guessing - since her eyes were blue when I first saw her last December, that she was probably 6 weeks, meaning that she would have been born sometime in November.

She's been fed well, is healthy - I managed to trap her in February 2009, and get her spayed (along with the others- yeah!!!), it's just that she's little, and as cute as she can be.