Purraise
About being sick:

How do you handle it? Do you want to be left alone, cuddled, etc? Do you whine
or just take it?

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Being single, I don't have a lot of choice in the matter.

Luckily for me, I just want to be left alone, curl up under a blanket, and sleep it off in a NyQuil induced fog. I do prefer to have someone who can go out and do some shopping (groceries, cold medicine, etc) if possible though.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Being single, I don't have a lot of choice in the matter.

Luckily for me, I just want to be left alone, curl up under a blanket, and sleep it off in a NyQuil induced fog. I do prefer to have someone who can go out and do some shopping (groceries, cold medicine, etc) if possible though.
(Gotta love NyQuil.
)

Until last year I had Mom to coddle me when I felt really bad.
Now I have to depend on Sis. Luckily she lives close by.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first time I got sick after I moved out on my own, I just wanted my Mom. I was used to being waited on when I was sick. I admit it I was spoiled.

Now I just want to be left alone. I have a cold right now as a matter of fact & a guy at work keeps asking why I'm frowning. I had to admit that I am a big baby about being sick.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to be left alone which is fortunate as I am a whiner when I am sick.

But since I live alone, and stay home when I am sick, it's all good.

I have fibromyalgia, and when it flares up...all I can do is lie as still as possible and cry. Not a pretty sight.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ha! ha ha ha ha ha!

Stay at home mom with a little guy & one on the way I don't have allot of options! I'd love to curl into bed and just stay there but when you've got a toddler jumping on you, that means it's time to get up! Plus I hate drugs & really don't take them at all when I'm pregnant so I just SUFFER through it. Thankfully I haven't been sick too much in the last 3 years, but I do have my pregnancy days when Lucas just gets turned loose in the living room with some toys & seasame street so mommy can lie down!

Of course when my husband gets sick he's in bed with "mommy can I have some soup?" "mommy my head hurt?" "moooommmmmyyyyy!!!" MEN!!
they are such babies!!!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
depends on what I have....stomach bug leave me alone.

everything else I'm like moo I will just curl up next to DH. OR Moo will curl ontop of me. Tilly tends to just sit at my feet purring loudly when I'm ill.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

Of course when my husband gets sick he's in bed with "mommy can I have some soup?" "mommy my head hurt?" "moooommmmmyyyyy!!!" MEN!!
they are such babies!!!
I totally agree!!! When DH gets a tiny cold you think the world was ending... MIND you I have had some nasty bugs (Like i had strep for our wedding) and he is always like suck it up and take it like a man!!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't necessarily want to be cuddled, but I like having my husband. He's very good at taking care of me.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm fairly stoic about it, but I don't suffer mother hens gladly -- I'd rather be left alone for the most part.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cant remember the last time I was really sick, minus allergies and sinus problems, but I prefer to be alone, or with the kitties
. Now that I have Murphee...im using him as my cuddle bug

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to sleep it off but have someone nurse me with food/drinks. I used to suffer and work through the colds but a few times I got worst so now I am the complete opposite and don't want to leave bed.

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I usually just mope around in my room watching tv, under the covers with a Kleenex box and a dog or cat. DH is a sweetie when I'm sick. He brings me soup, medicine, etc. I don't mind getting cuddled, but I don't want to get him sick, then I'll have to baby him. hehe