New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pregnant Mom!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hey!
We've once again gotten a pregnant foster, due any time... Her names Molly and she's a little brown tabby girl. We just got her Satuday, and they said she was due any day...I could hear and see her babies moving since then. She's been REALLY attention-seeking and restless, but that may just be her personality. Yesterday, she went into the bed area we set up, and now she's in there every time I come in, though she always runs out as soon as I enter. She's really scratched up the bedding, everytime she goes in there, which makes me think it should be really soon.
Also, she hasn't ate much at all since she got here, not even a cup in 2 1/2 days...

So any idea's when?
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteKittenKat View Post
Hey!
We've once again gotten a pregnant foster, due any time... Her names Molly and she's a little brown tabby girl. We just got her Satuday, and they said she was due any day...I could hear and see her babies moving since then. She's been REALLY attention-seeking and restless, but that may just be her personality. Yesterday, she went into the bed area we set up, and now she's in there every time I come in, though she always runs out as soon as I enter. She's really scratched up the bedding, everytime she goes in there, which makes me think it should be really soon.
Also, she hasn't ate much at all since she got here, not even a cup in 2 1/2 days...

So any idea's when?
If you can see the kittens moving, and she is trying to seek your attention (especially with a new foster), I would guess very soon! I'm guessing you have a birthing area (box or whatever) set up. She may use it, she may not. It's hard with kitties when you don't know their personality. I would recommend following her around and be availble without crowding her, you know? Be there to help or give emotional support but give her her space. Is this her first litter? If so, it could be extra scary because even though it's instinct she may still want to have someone around.

Our last barn cat that decided to have a litter in the basement INSISTED on having me around. In fact, thats why she didn't have them on the porch and in the basement instead. I was the lucky one that got to clean off one when she went into labor with another one. Yeah, very gross. But, 3 of 4 lived, so that was good, I guess.

Good luck, but I would start looking for them soon and keep an eye on her.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Yes, we have a box for her ready...she's just in one room, so I'm guessing she'll probably use it as all our others haveI'm guessing it's her first litter, but I have no idea...she just came in as a stray to the shelter
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteKittenKat View Post
Yes, we have a box for her ready...she's just in one room, so I'm guessing she'll probably use it as all our others haveI'm guessing it's her first litter, but I have no idea...she just came in as a stray to the shelter
How exciting! I'm sure it's soon! How did you adopt a pregnant stray? Someday I would like to foster cats (not necessarily pregnant ones, but just foster any cats that are available)

I never got how the system worked.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Animal shelter- call them They're always desperate for foster homes, for prenant cats, abondoned kittens, or sometimes hurt or sick cats...depending on the place, some will suppy you with everything you need to.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteKittenKat View Post
Yes, we have a box for her ready...she's just in one room, so I'm guessing she'll probably use it as all our others haveI'm guessing it's her first litter, but I have no idea...she just came in as a stray to the shelter
Oh, sorry. I didn't pick up on the fact that you are experienced with this (the "once again pregnant foster" should have clued me in ..sorry, it's Monday), so I'm sure you know the routine. I know kittens are usually a bad thing, but they are still so exciting!!
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
Oh, sorry. I didn't pick up on the fact that you are experienced with this (the "once again pregnant foster" should have clued me in ..sorry, it's Monday), so I'm sure you know the routine. I know kittens are usually a bad thing, but they are still so exciting!!
Oh, no, that's completly fine! I love kittens so much, but I would hate top be contributing to the over population, so that's why fostering is perfect! Still no kittens yet*sighs* I thought last night for sure...she's started to eat a bit more now, but still nesting like crazy
post #8 of 10
I had a cat that I swear was ready to pop for 2 weeks before she finally went into labor. She had all the signs (nesting, following me around, etc). I honestly thought she was going to explode before having them, and it looked like a soccer match going on in her belly. FINALLY she had them...only 2 but HUGE! She was a stray so it may have been her first litter and she was just a little freaked out. It seems the older they are the less of a big deal they make about it.
post #9 of 10
She will probably have them when you least expect it Right when you give up...
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
I had a cat that I swear was ready to pop for 2 weeks before she finally went into labor. She had all the signs (nesting, following me around, etc). I honestly thought she was going to explode before having them, and it looked like a soccer match going on in her belly. FINALLY she had them...only 2 but HUGE! She was a stray so it may have been her first litter and she was just a little freaked out. It seems the older they are the less of a big deal they make about it.
Ha, ya, that happened with our first foster cat...the shelter said within two weeks but it took 4! Like yours, she did only have two...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care