House Season Pramire (possible spoilers... eventually)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Anyone else as excited about to night as I am!?!??!?!?!?!
I'm taping it. I hope I understand it better than I did the season ending. I had to post here and ask what the heck happened because I was so lost and confused. I'm still not really sure what happened. It was really a weird season ending.

Hopefully tonight will clear up my confusion!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Pizza is on it's way, phone is going off the hook, pets have been taped & corked and baby will be sent to bed

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been into it previously..... but I'm going to give it a peek and see if the premiere catches me into it....

2hr of this, then CSI Miami, then bedtime.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am super excited. Tho it comes on at the same time as how i met your mother and two and a half men so I'll be going back and forth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WARNING DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE AVOIDING SPOILERS

Am I the only one who has luke warm feelings about this?

I mean, a good 2hrs of tv... but House... not really.... i mean I get it... he's getting better (I mean i dind't spend four years in a psych program to not get that part of it) Its just an odd direction to go with me

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohmigosh. I thought it was fantastic. Love Lin-Manuel Miranda (the rapper guy)....so nice to see him on this.

I was riveted for the whole 2 hours, actually. Thought it was very moving and wonderfully written.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Ohmigosh. I thought it was fantastic. Love Lin-Manuel Miranda (the rapper guy)....so nice to see him on this.

I was riveted for the whole 2 hours, actually. Thought it was very moving and wonderfully written.
Oh I was riveted too, I just dont see how it fits into the series.....

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhere between lukewarm to slightly bored. It had a few good moments but for the most part was disjointed and irrelevant. If this is foreshadowing of the new season, I am going to find something else to watch.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

Somewhere between lukewarm to slightly bored. It had a few good moments but for the most part was disjointed and irrelevant. If this is foreshadowing of the new season, I am going to find something else to watch.
I couldn't have said it any better. His character being a jerk is starting to wear thin as far as I'm concerned.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think my husband put it best. 'Well, the writers really s* themselves last season! They had to do something'.

First they had the story line to kill-off Amber, which was a very good story. However, then Kal Pen wanted to leave the show (went to work for Obama) so they had to get rid of him; and they just sort of ran out of story line very quickly. I think when you look back at those last 6 episodes of last season they don't really make very much sense.

Not that they weren't good episodes, just that it was pretty obvious they were scrambling to finish the season.

I enjoyed the episode, although not as much as some other house episodes, but I didn't feel dissapointed either. I wouldn't have minded if they kept him in the asylum for a few more weeks because I liked all the different characters they created. Seemed sort of a waste to just use them all once.

I didn't buy the love-connected with the german lady, what about cuddy? At the end of last season house was still completely in love with her! He just moved on that fast??
It was nice to see house being affectionate to someone but I just don't believe it.

Based on the previews for next week it looks like everything is going back to normal with all the usual characters. Should be interesting, I can't wait!

(Is going to hide now because of the depth of her & hubby's house-obsession has now been revealed... What can I say? I HATE the TV he watches and he HATES the TV I watch, but we both love House!)

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

...His character being a jerk is starting to wear thin as far as I'm concerned.
I think thats the point though, he's not supposed to be a jerk anymore, he's "cured"

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Oh I was riveted too, I just dont see how it fits into the series.....
I am betting that we haven't seen the last of his fellow patients from Ward 6....somehow I guess they will be worked into the series remeber House still has to go to outpatient therapy (unless I read that wrong) and from the trailers for next week it mentioned that he didn't get his license back.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw...I used to love House, but it must have changed evenings, because I can't watch it anymore. I have Symphony rehearsal Monday nights.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was good, but kinda too much of a One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest rip-off.. I, too, am hoping next week will get back to normal. Then again, I'll probably be mostly watching Monday Night Football most nights anyway for the next few months... I did switch from the game last night though.

We shall see...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

I think thats the point though, he's not supposed to be a jerk anymore, he's "cured"
Yes, well, we'll see how that goes since I believe that's why most people ever really tuned in - to see Mr. crankypants.