Solitaire Slingo tournament problem

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in the second round of a Solitaire Slingo tournament and it says I've played three games even though I only played one. I tried to play those two times but the game wouldn't load, so I only played once. That happened during the first round too. It said I played even though I didn't. That's really ticking me off. It's not fair. If that's they way it's always going to be then I'm not even gonna bother with the tournaments anymore.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilblu

I'm in the second round of a Solitaire Slingo tournament and it says I've played three games even though I only played one. I tried to play those two times but the game wouldn't load, so I only played once. That happened during the first round too. It said I played even though I didn't. That's really ticking me off. It's not fair. If that's they way it's always going to be then I'm not even gonna bother with the tournaments anymore.
Hmmm. Did you refresh the page when the page wouldn't open? If so, I think that counts as a game played. I notice that at the top of the tournament it says "do not reload the page" or something. So that could be what happened.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise

That's odd...do you have the "Remember Me" box clicked by your log in? I found when I didn't have that clicked I tended to be kicked out of my longer arcade games whenever the site reloaded.

If that's what's happenned it will might think you logged out without finishing the game.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Hmmm. Did you refresh the page when the page wouldn't open? If so, I think that counts as a game played. I notice that at the top of the tournament it says "do not reload the page" or something. So that could be what happened.
No, I didn't refresh the page.

Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

That's odd...do you have the "Remember Me" box clicked by your log in? I found when I didn't have that clicked I tended to be kicked out of my longer arcade games whenever the site reloaded.

If that's what's happenned it will might think you logged out without finishing the game.
I do have the "Remember Me" box checked.

Before I play any of the tournament games I play a practice game first, just to make sure the game will load. The practice game loaded fine, but when I went to play in the tournament, the game wouldn't load, and the game box area was all black. I waited a long time but nothing was happening. So I left the page and went back to the arcade. I tried to play another practice game and it loaded fine.

I really don't care if I lose a game or the tournament. It is just a game afterall. But if I'm gonna lose, I would at least like to lose fairly.

It just happened again. I went to play in the tournament and the game wouldn't load. So, basically in the second round I've only played 2 out of 5 games. The other 3 games it says I played but I didn't.

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ms. Freya, I didn't even realize I was playing against you. Good luck with tournament. Whichever one of us advances to the next round will have their work cut out for them. Vermontcat seems to be a very good player.

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently this problem isn't limited to the Solitaire Slingo tournament. It just happend when I was playing in the NBA Spirit tournament. This is odd because I don't usually have this problem when playing regular games. But it keeps happening in the tournament games. The games just don't load and then it says I played when I didn't.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Frustrating, isn't it, when a tournament gets tangled? Unfortunately, when they get that messed up, there's little we can do, if anything. Simpler problems can sometimes be nudged loose, but not when they get like this. And since these games are from other sources, they are offered "as is", since we don't have access to the code to do anything about larger problems. So, disappointing as it is, if you continue having problems with a particular game, the simplest solution is to find a new favourite. I've abandoned more than one for that reason.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi lilblu & Ms. Freya, there is definitely something wrong with the Solitaire Slingo Tournament.
I just finished playing my 5 games in the 2nd level and it didn't advance me.
It is stuck with Catkiki not playing after 11 days, it usually will go red and say disqualified after 7 days of not playing in the tournament.
Rapunzel47, can you do something to fix the tournament?
It actually looks like you should have been playing against me in the 2nd round because your score in the first round was higher than Catkiki's.
I had posted about this stuck tournament in the Arcade Feedback thread but I guess none of the moderators saw it or were able to fix it then.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, I'm afraid this one is beyond me!
It is truly
. I think your assessment is accurate, but it won't even let me advance you, despite the fact that it says catkiki is eliminated. Maybe once the other side is complete, it might release its hold, but I'm not betting my next paycheque on it!

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Rapunzel for checking on it.
Katiemae saw my post about it in the arcade feedback thread and tried to unstick it too.
We just have to wait until Ms. Freya plays her last game on level 2 to see what will happen next with the tournament.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'll try to get that finished...I was wondering if it looked weird to anyone else - all the extra elimnated people

Thanks for the luck, lilblu. By the look of your score, I'm going to need it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, with that side finished now, I did advance the winner, lilblu, but I'm afraid the other side is as stuck as ever.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Apparently this problem isn't limited to the Solitaire Slingo tournament. It just happend when I was playing in the NBA Spirit tournament. This is odd because I don't usually have this problem when playing regular games. But it keeps happening in the tournament games. The games just don't load and then it says I played when I didn't.
You're right Lilblu, something is wrong with the NBA Spirit tournament too.
I just tried to play the last of my 5 games there and it wouldn't load the page and said I had played all 5 of my games. You should advance to the next level to play clixpix in that tournament. You got a great new high score which I can't beat anyway so hopefully you will advance or one of the moderators will need to unstick that tournament now.