Is Phoebe part Maine Coon?

hillary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just recently adopted a beautiful dilute calico named Phoebe and while I was looking at her I noted that she had a lot of the physical characteristics of a Maine Coon. I looked up some videos on YouTube of MC's and their meows sounded exactly like hers and she even 'trills' like MC's can sometimes.

I took some pictures to show you:

The other gray cat is my cat Sasha. She's fully grown and about 13 pounds. Phoebe is only 6 months old and look at how big she is:

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a very pretty kitty, but I really don't see much MC in her - she could have some, but its doubtful. Her face and ears are not MC looking at all IMO. She would be a longhair domestic.

Be sure you comb her at least 2-3 times a week.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also don't see any Maine Coon in her. Size doesn't mean MC. There are many other factors. Just for comparison, here is a photo of my Maine Coon:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hillary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm. Well all right. I guess I was just having wishful thinking. They put her as a DLH at the animal shelter that I got her from, but I guess I was hoping for more. But thanks for clearing it up!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hoping for more?
It looks like you got a very cute and precious kitty. Just from the look on her face, I'll bet she's got personality a mile thick on her.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with everyone, btw she's not a dilute calico, she's a blue patched tabby and white

hillary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Agree with everyone, btw she's not a dilute calico, she's a blue patched tabby and white
Oh! I've never heard of that before. Now I know! You're right she does have a ton of personality. She loves to scare the crap out of me by jumping onto my computer chair while I'm blasting my iPod in my ears. She's napping beside me now.

hillary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is really really soft. See with the calico thing on her papers from the animal shelter they had her under "grey calico" so I figured they meant dilute, but then I saw some tabby-ness there like with the M on her forhead and the rings on her legs.

But whatevs, she's the first cat I've had with a super long tail. My first cat, Lexie, was abused at one of her previous homes and her tail was about 6 inches long and permanently broken in curve. She'd wag her tail like a dog. It didn't hurt her (by the time we got her) except she got athritis really early on in her life. Sasha's tail is her regular length but not as long as Phoebe's.

I do think that by looking at her now and seeing her paw size that she's going to be a big framed cat. Lexie was about her size fully grown. I'm so excited to see how she turns out!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might look into eventually showing her in cat shows. She can be shown in the household pet class as long as she is spayed and not declawed.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sphynx trills

Pretty kitty

Welcome to the site

hillary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You might look into eventually showing her in cat shows. She can be shown in the household pet class as long as she is spayed and not declawed.
Hmm that is an idea. I'm not declawing her but I am getting her spayed sometime in October. I'll have to look into it.

hillary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Any reason why you're waiting to get her spayed??
Money

Her fur IS really soft. I can't wait to see how long it gets when she's older, especially her tail.