"Cruz" - pictures, videos of my sweet girl

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am proud to introduce to you, my sweet girl Cruz, who is an unregistered Snowshoe Siamese, spayed female. She adopted me, after being saved from the streets by our local cat rescue group. This little beauty was abandoned twice before she was 4 months old.

She is a real charmer when she is in the mood (she's always in the mood when it's ME she wants to charm, she's my baby), but she can be shy and skittish when strangers come into the house or when there is too much noise.

She has the SOFTEST fur, like a rabbit. Very dainty little paws, a tiny face. her white markings are what make her not acceptable for registration, too much white on the legs, not enough on the face. 'Pet Quality' in this case totally translates to 'perfect sweet little friend, wouldn't ask for more'. :p

Here is a video of three of my cats playing with the laser-pointer (Cage is the black & white who gives up and lies down - Cally was the all-black who was practically scared of the dot, may she RIP - and Cruz is the brown & white spazz at the end of the video, trying to get the red dot on the wall). There might be a small black kitten in this video also, one of our foster cats from that time.

VIDEO: http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...age_Lazer1.flv

Here is another video of Cruz, talking to me. She is very chatty. Her voice is very tiny and sweet, as you can hear in this video.

Cruz talking: http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...CruzSaysHi.flv

And now some photographs of my pretty girl!

Hope you enjoyed meeting my girl!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Cinnamon bun!

That's too funny!

She is a beautiful girl. I also have a part Snowshoe - he is lilac, tan and white. he has polka dots on him! And powder blue eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

Addiebee - I'd love to see some pictures of your boy, he sounds lovely!

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I totally agree with the others about that one picture looking like a cinnamon bun. She's absolutely gorgeous, I am such a sucker for blue eyes, especially snowshoe's! Aren't they great cats to have? They can be such lovers with tons of personality.

What a cutie!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful!
If she was found on the streets, you can't really say she is a snowshoe, and that is actually the reason why you can't register her... You need to have mom and dad's pedigree to register a kitten, and a registered litter by the breeder. It is not because of "too much white" that she can not be registered... She can not be registered because she is not a pedigree cat.
If someone told you that and sold you this kitty, I am sorry, but this person was not truthful with you... This cat, is a domestic shot hair, not a snowshoe. He might be a snowshoe MIX, BUT, and the is a BIG BUT, since he was a stray, and caught from the streets, there is no way to prove that.
Even with perfect markings, without mom and dad's papers, or the breeder docs (Blue Slip for CFA, for Example), you would not be able to register this kitty.
Just to clarify it; I hope you were not lied to.
She is a beauty...

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was encouraged to think she was purebred by the rescuer, yes (because she was rescued a few blocks away from a notorious Snowshoe breeder in town, and wasn't the only Snowshoe to be rescued during a four/five year span in that area), but I didn't "buy" her, she was a rescued cat - I paid for her spay & shots & deworm, and such, which I would've done anyways (like an adoption fee to reimburse the rescue group for what they'd paid for her health, very common).

I'm not worried about it. It makes no difference to me whether she is purebred or 1000 breeds. I have always preferred mutts/mixes/crosses in all animals and all people to be honest.
LOL

When I was looking up the breed standard and viewing pictures of registered Snowshoes, I came to the conclusion that she hadn't been registered at any point, or saved as a show cat or breeding cat, because her markings didn't meet the breed's criteria. Her markings decided her status as "pet quality".

I am GLAD... I think she is one of the MOST beautiful cats I have ever seen. People are always commenting on how pretty she is and how unique her color & pattern, and how blue her eyes, and how soft her coat, and dainty her little paws. She is SUCH a lover, she adores me, you can see it in her eyes when she gazes at me, and when she tips her head to the side and rubs her soft cheek against me.

She's really silly... she has this habit of lying on the floor in the hallway or in any entrance in the house, on her back, and rolling side to side, grooming her armpits and her belly, and singing the whole time. I tell her, "Sing, Cruz! La La La!" and she sings louder... my husband joins in, "Sing Cruzie! Sing!" and she gets even louder and rolls even faster. I have been trying to catch it all on video for years, wish me luck, it's really adorable to see. We get to see her do this several times a week.

We are very lucky to have this amazing little creature as a part of our family. Papered, or not, doesn't make any difference, honest. It's that sweet little face and all the tears soaked into her understanding fur, the greetings at the door, the cuddles, the silliness, the laughs - these are the things that are important to me.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PintaMeez

We are very lucky to have this amazing little creature as a part of our family. Papered, or not, doesn't make any difference, honest. It's that sweet little face and all the tears soaked into her understanding fur, the greetings at the door, the cuddles, the silliness, the laughs - these are the things that are important to me.
You are indeed correct
People put way too much emphasis on "purebred" this or that.... you stated in your first post she was unregistered, so who cares.

She is a beautiful baby, and I'm so very glad she found a loving home with you

I'd like to request more pics tho..... she is too darn cute.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

You are indeed correct
People put way too much emphasis on "purebred" this or that.... you stated in your first post she was unregistered, so who cares.

She is a beautiful baby, and I'm so very glad she found a loving home with you

I'd like to request more pics tho..... she is too darn cute.
I was clarifying - as she might had been lied to, for the things she wrote. I don't give 2 cents about pedigree.

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
*hugsherkitty*

More pictures... oh boy, do I have more pictures, alright...

Merry Christmas Cruz!

Cage is teaching a class?

She is always cleaning that soft fur. She's tidy.

Oh, how she adores her Pinto.

C'mon, let's play!

She'll sleep INSIDE almost anything.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PintaMeez

I was encouraged to think she was purebred by the rescuer, yes (because she was rescued a few blocks away from a notorious Snowshoe breeder in town, and wasn't the only Snowshoe to be rescued during a four/five year span in that area), but I didn't "buy" her, she was a rescued cat - I paid for her spay & shots & deworm, and such, which I would've done anyways (like an adoption fee to reimburse the rescue group for what they'd paid for her health, very common).

I'm not worried about it. It makes no difference to me whether she is purebred or 1000 breeds. I have always preferred mutts/mixes/crosses in all animals and all people to be honest.
LOL

When I was looking up the breed standard and viewing pictures of registered Snowshoes, I came to the conclusion that she hadn't been registered at any point, or saved as a show cat or breeding cat, because her markings didn't meet the breed's criteria. Her markings decided her status as "pet quality".

I am GLAD... I think she is one of the MOST beautiful cats I have ever seen. People are always commenting on how pretty she is and how unique her color & pattern, and how blue her eyes, and how soft her coat, and dainty her little paws. She is SUCH a lover, she adores me, you can see it in her eyes when she gazes at me, and when she tips her head to the side and rubs her soft cheek against me.

She's really silly... she has this habit of lying on the floor in the hallway or in any entrance in the house, on her back, and rolling side to side, grooming her armpits and her belly, and singing the whole time. I tell her, "Sing, Cruz! La La La!" and she sings louder... my husband joins in, "Sing Cruzie! Sing!" and she gets even louder and rolls even faster. I have been trying to catch it all on video for years, wish me luck, it's really adorable to see. We get to see her do this several times a week.

She sounds so sweet!!! I hope you can record this singing session - I would love to see it!!! Just reading about it put a smile on my face!
Isn't it amazing how much we can fall in love for these little creatures? They are just amazing!!!! I am so glad you rescued her - your love for her really shows!!!!

About the whole pedigree thing... Sometimes Rescues and shelters will "beautify" a kitty with a breed that they don't have... And I just wanted to make sure someone didn't take $$$ from you... Because the things you said raised a red flag - like "too much white to register"... That doesn't exist... FYI - a Pet Quality kitty IS registered... and you CAN show it... The only difference is that on the breeder's opinion, that kitten doesn't show the best breed standards as listed on the registry, like CFA or TICA, so they are not Show quality... But our member here mews2much for example, is having great success showing Cleo, her "pet quality" (or so the breeder thought) Sphynx... TICA and CFA won't look at the kitten before registering to see if they fit the standandards... They will look at the breeders paperwork, and mom and dad paperwork.... That's all...
Being Registered or not doesn't make her any more or less than a wonderful kitty, don't take me wrong... That was not my intention at all.... But see... there are lots of crooks out there, taking $$$ for "unpapered pedigree cats", and that is why I thought it was important to throw in a little information - if this was your case, maybe you could do something about it... I am glad it isn't...

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, yes, I understand now.
Some people put waaay too much emphasis on "papers" and "purebreds", I almost get my back up sometimes, I feel like I have to explain VERY clearly, sometimes, the way I feel about "mutts" vs "purebreds"... to me, it's all about the interior, not the exterior. The exterior cuteness is like, well... icing on the cake, for sure. LOL

Thanks for watching out for your fellow feline-fans.

I was reading about showing Household Pets, and it looks interesting. All three of my cats are adorable, but Cruz wouldn't enjoy it, she's too nervous by nature... my boys are both super friendly, on the other paw, so they'd probably enjoy themselves. *shrug* Depends, I guess... what is the point of showing a Household Pet? For 'fun'? I suppose you'd need a cat that really enjoyed alot of stranger-attention, hey? And shows that were locally convenient, too.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous. I know what you mean about the soft plush fur. One of my tabby kittens, Nacho, has the soft luxurious fur too.