Oy! It's a good thing she's cute!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty sure cats go through the Terrible Twos too. Or Terrible Ones. Something like that.

Annie's in it bad right now. It's a good thing she's cute because she is really getting on my last nerve!

She jumps on top of the refrigerator and bats off the magnets on the fridge door.
Of course, she chooses to bat off a butterfly magnet that belonged to my mother, and the magnet broke off of it. (It's fixable, if I could find the magnet - at least the butterfly itself didn't break!)

She managed to open the linen closet last night and jostled all of the towels, sheets and extra blankets (on different shelves, mind you) out of place, unfolded, and so the door wouldn't close again. Then used those as a ramp to jump up on top of the door that wouldn't close.

She backtalks. I mean, if I had backtalked to my parents the way she does I would have been smacked into next week. (Not really, just an expression, but I sure wouldn't have gotten away with it!) If she gets onto one of the three places she's not supposed to in the house and gets caught, she will give us a look like "WHAT????" and complain loudly that we should just let her do what she wants.
It's not that difficult - we're not ogres about where she's not supposed to be - not on the kitchen counters, the table, and the TV console. That's it. The other four have figured this out without a problem.

She is acting like a toddler just pushing the limits to see what she can get away with. Within the last 1/2 hour she has jumped up on top of the bedroom door and climbed up on top of the ladder (that needs to be put away). It's like she's trying to get in trouble!

Oh, it's a good thing she's really cute!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats have a way of keeping us trained.
Blossom will get into things & you know darn well you have to go & see what she's up to.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They also go through the terrible 3s, terrible 4s, terrible 5s....you get my drift!

She's just doing her best to keep you entertained and to remind you that you love her!! Such kitty antics can be frustrating, but also give you good memories to reflect back on in her later years when she's not quite so mischievous.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

She is acting like a toddler just pushing the limits to see what she can get away with. Within the last 1/2 hour she has jumped up on top of the bedroom door and climbed up on top of the ladder (that needs to be put away). It's like she's trying to get in trouble!

Oh, it's a good thing she's really cute!
That's exactly it! She's trying to see what the limits are. Oh, the joys of kittenhood. I'm sure you know she will outgrow it, but until then you will be constantly running around pulling her off and out of things. Hey, at least you're getting your excercise, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Makes for good picture taking opportunities too.
Hey, if she's going to be naughty with impunity, might as well make the most of it!

See, she's cute and she knows she won't get in too much trouble. She has that cute thing going for her.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha I just love those pictures of her on the ladder! It's as if she's saying "nope, I'm here to stay and nothing you can do can make me come down." And you're right, at least she has the "cute factor" working in her favor at times like this. Ya may even get lucky enough to have a cat that is constantly in her terrible two's, testing the limits! That's what it sounds like to me... You better get used to it honey!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before opening the thread I didn't know whether it was going to be Mojo or Annie!

Well - she IS darn cute - so many people get away with pushing the boundaries of acceptable behavior because they're cute, Annie figures - hey, why not?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, she's a beauty!! How nice of you to leave that ladder out for her! She's just taking advantage of a good thing!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like what I go through with Aristotle, my eternal kitten. There are gouges on door jambs where he jumps and hangs and then there is the table leg he'd rather scratch on despite having scratchers around...

Gotta love the little brats.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so lucky that Jordan grew out of that around 4 years old. Don't get me wrong he still has his moments. He still goes in the garbage can at least twice a day, but he stoped playing with the magnets on the fridge. He stoped going in the medicine cabinet & knocking everything off. He has stopped clearing everything off my dresser.

Everytime a see a cute kitten I just remember the sleepless nights & how wonderful it is to have Jordan asleep next to me all night every night.

sammyp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup, i think some cats just love being brats! The more they can get away with, the better and they figure out really quickly which looks will get them cooed over instead of scolded after they've done something "naughty". It's kind of one of the appeals though really isn't it? They have us so well trained