Kiwi vines!!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH went and bought me some kiwi vines. He and his friend are outside in the hot sun right now, building the trellis/arbor for them. I am so excited!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There are the "kiwi vines" not actual kiwi fruit right? (I think those grow on trees anyway?) Like they won't be furry?

TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!

I so badly want some, but we rent so it seemed silly... we'll see if I change my mind before next spring though
they look delicious and from what I hear taste pretty much the same as the brown ones, just with no fuzz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He got me the green skinned variety without the fuzz, though they all grow on heavy vines that need good support. He bought me three "Anna" females and one male to polinate them. I just hope I can take care of them...I have a bad history with plants. DH has gone through so much trouble and worked on this all day.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope you have good luck!!
As long as you keep them well watered I think they are pretty easy once they're established.

That is exactly the sort I want though, I hope yours taste gooood!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

I hope you have good luck!!
As long as you keep them well watered I think they are pretty easy once they're established.

That is exactly the sort I want though, I hope yours taste gooood!
Thank you! I went out to look at them just before dark and they look good. I've actually had plants to start looking droopy very quickly after planting, so I'm taking this as a positive sign.