so angry at people

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blaine just went down to his car this morning and some complete waste of space has took a key down the side of it, so its going to need both front and rear doors respraying the front and rear wings blended in. they have gone right down to the metal in some places, its the only car in the street to have been done

Hes spent so much money and time getting it to look the way it does (he likes to be different) so it is not standard and its a pearlesent paint so is going to be a complete nightmare to just match up as a quick job, its going to have to be professionally done.

If i find out who did it ill string them up

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I share your frustration with people who destroy things that look nice just because they are cruel.

Was the car parked in a place that maybe had a camera on it? It would be nice to catch the little thug(s).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we had just been talking about putting a camera up in the bedroom window to keep check on the cars on a night time and are fustrated that we havent got round to it yet, we cant always park outside our flat last night he did, normally the slighest noise i wake up i cant believe i didnt hear them mucking around outside

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it's a fantastic idea to have a camera in the window, especially since it is such a nice car. I really don't understand some people. I have never had the urge to randomly destroy things. I think there need to be some more wholesome things for young people to do in the evenings. It is very popular here for young people to get drunk off their bums (especially on Friday and Saturday nights) then go around acting like idiots, crawling on the ground, fighting in the street, laying down in the street, breaking into cars, urinating on lawns, mooning, driving donuts in the middle of the road, etc. It's really upsetting.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
its really soul destroying, he just looked so hurt when i went down to the car then the anger kicked.

the cheapest i can find to get it resprayed and blended is about £180 and thats only because we know some spraypainters

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plain and simple: people suck.... There ya have it.... people these days have no respect for others. The ones that do, cherish those ones and hold em close.

I'm sorry bout his car AJ.... no elagant wording for you cuz this situation just sux.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A hot tip from a hot rodder: Don't park anything with custom paint on the street.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

A hot tip from a hot rodder: Don't park anything with custom paint on the street.
Exactly. Someone will either be jealous and spiteful or decide to steal the car.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how mad you are..I just had my car repainted and went out to leave work and theres a HUGE gash down the side of the car..I was LIVID!!!! Thankfully the car wasnt completely stripped when repainted and was only touched up till spring when the good paint job goes on..I feel your pain in the car thing and hopefully it all gets matched up and repainted ok I know how much hard work and time goes into that..BF repaints classic cars for a living!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah i know been back out to have a look at it, its been to a painter we know and the whole side of the car needs doing but because we have used him quite a bit and our friends do it looks like its only going to be about £100 so its not to bad but its bad enough

the same thing happened to his last car, someone tried to steal it because again the way it was modified, was supposed to be stolen to order for the bits he had and because a neighbour chased them away they ripped his stero out along with half the dash

People really suck

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Plain and simple: people suck.... There ya have it.... people these days have no respect for others. The ones that do, cherish those ones and hold em close.

I'm sorry bout his car AJ.... no elagant wording for you cuz this situation just sux.
That about sums it up for me.

I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should be able to claim that damage through insurance with a fairly low deductible if you have comp coverage...also with no affect on your premiums.

(Around here that would be the case anyway)

degu_2009

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That really sucks. It happens all to often in my neighborhood back home. A few years ago someone carved "F**K YOU" onto the side of my dad's van. It's pretty messed up, since he doesn't have the money to fix it and he has no garage.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wont claim through the insurance he still has an outstanding claim after someone reversed into him (hes had no luck with his car) so its not worth the hassle of trying to claim

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldnt claim it either. Especially if you can manage to pay to fix it out of pocket and then it doesnt go against you for insurance purposes. Atleast it wont cost an arm and a leg to get it done. I know how expensive those special paints are..atleast in my area...Everything bf does is classic stuff and has to be original and right now the 53 ford truck he is doing is going to cost his dad about $300 a gallon to get made for him. So I feel your pain in how much this sucks..I hope it all works out ok..Did he ever think about putting an alarm system in the car...I dont know how they work really but I know a neighbor of mine had one where if someone even bumped into his car it went off.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry this has happened. I hope you called the police and reported it. They keep track of these things you know, if there are enough reports, a pattern may be found and the !@#$% can be apprehended.