Vibes/Prayers for my sister and father, please

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To make a long story short, my mother has cancer and we just got the confirmation that we've been dreading, that there is nothing more they can do for her and that any treatment at this point would just kill her faster. We've been told to just take her home and make her comfortable. My sister and father have been there dealing with it for months, while she has been steadily declining. I've been here 600 miles away feeling pretty helpless and hopeless and furious at the doctors for not finding it sooner.

I'm flying up there tomorrow to help make whatever arrangements we need to make, help get her settled back in at home, and see her for probably the last time. I'm not doing so hot with this, but my sister is exceptionally close to mom and she's devestated. My father is not doing too great either. So any prayers/vibes you can send their way would be wonderful.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I´m really so sorry for the bad new...

Please don´t give up!..

My prayers for her and you and relatives are on the way right now...

have a safe trip my friend....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spend as much time as possible with your mother. Can you use FLMA at your job to take some unpaid time off?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you and your family are going through this devastating time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

xo

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetheart,
I'm so sorry. I took care of my mom when she was dying of cancer, and I was out of the country when my dad was dying, and believe me one is not worse than the other. It is so hard for everyone involved. Many, many and prayers going out to you, your sister, your father and the rest of the family, and peaceful and prayers for your mom.

I agree, take as much time off work as possible and spend as much time with her as you can. It is amazing how something as simple as brushing her hair can become a cherished memory.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry!
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sending vibes for your whole family to get through this tough time Bless you for going over to spend time with your Mom when she is such a condition.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this.
My heart goes out to you, along with my prayers.
As someone previously posted, it will be the little things right now that you can do with/for her that will help her now and you later. Like brushing her hair or applying her favorite lotion and giving her a nice foot rub to help relax her.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh sweetheart,
I'm so sorry. I took care of my mom when she was dying of cancer, and I was out of the country when my dad was dying, and believe me one is not worse than the other. It is so hard for everyone involved. Many, many and prayers going out to you, your sister, your father and the rest of the family, and peaceful and prayers for your mom.

I agree, take as much time off work as possible and spend as much time with her as you can. It is amazing how something as simple as brushing her hair can become a cherished memory.

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Too true that one situation is not worse than the other. Been there, done that, and I couldn't have said it better.

Many and prayers for you and your family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much. I'm up here now, and spent a good portion of the day with her in the nursing home. We are bringing her back home as soon as hospice care can be set up. It's very sad to see her like this and remember how she used to be, so independent, and now she's dependent on people for everything. Well, I do believe this life is only one small portion of our overall existence, but that doesn't make it any easier. I will definitely spend as much time with her as I can, but the family leave thing is unpaid and I'm the only bread winner in the family, so I just can't do it. I will probably make as many trips as I can though for a weekend or a few days for however much time she has left.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you and your family have to go through this. for you and your family.