Question of the Day: Thurs. Sept. 17

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Todays question relates to exercise:

How often do you exercise? Do you have a routine you follow? Is your exercise for maintenence or weight loss?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walk or hike every day (or did until I broke my toe) and used to work out three times a week, but my gym closed in May.

I've been sorely missing it and finally broke down and joined Curves for Women yesterday. It's not as good as the place I was going (Go Figure, also women only) as it does not have the cardio room with the elliptical machines, but I'll have to settle for the hydraulic circuit and just walk extra...when the toe stops hurting, that is.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to go to the gym 3-4 times a week until my O.A. became full-blown then I had to stop. Now I do try to walk a least 4-5 times a week for 20 minutes. I really enjoy getting exercise, and I guess for me since I also love to eat it's a weight maintenance sort of thing. I have had to change my diet over the last 2 years to take into account the fact I can't exercise as much by increasing my fruit and veggies and cutting back on higher calorie items.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't exercise regularly, but as part of my weight loss and getting healthier, I am trying to work on an exercise routine.

Some days its as simple as floor exercises (sit ups, leg raises, etc.) and other days it is playing Wii Sports/Outdoor Challenge/Sports Resort.

My goal currently is a minimum of 10mins a day.... I know that sounds low, but for someone with my health issues, that is reasonable and its a start.

However, I am hoping to increase it to a min of 30mins a day

I don't go to the gym or anything.....can't afford that right now.

Exercise is: walking, playing Wii games or my elliptical.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never! I figure mowing push mower,house work and watching my 2 year old granddaughter plus caring for my huge gardens keeps me in shape..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Never! I figure mowing push mower,house work and watching my 2 year old granddaughter plus caring for my huge gardens keeps me in shape..
yup, it does.

I do little things like when shopping, I park far away from the enterence so it takes me a few mins walking to the door....at home I'll make several trips up the stairs instead of just one...etc.

IMO all things like that are considerred exercise.... mowing the lawn is exercise for sure.

Running after a 2yr old would be too

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I exercise everyday! I ride two horses 5x a week, 2 of which we jump and that is a major workout! I walk a lot at school, the campus is huge and parking is never near my classes. I walk a lot at work too, when doing b-day parties you pretty much are like a waitress only worse cause you have to stay with them 24/7! I do a lot of lifting stuff, like last weekend i helped my dad take wood out and so on....but I dont do any like gym type of exercise
I figure what I do is enough!!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I go to the gym at least 3 times a week after work for 20 minutes of cardio (running) and 15-20 minutes of weights. I started it back with my new years resolution to lose weight, and have just gotten used to it as a de-stresser after work.

I find if I don't force myself out of the house, I become sedentary really easily.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some stretches and crunches to keep my core muscles in shape. But no other exercising. I've found that even with the stretches that pretty much everything sets my back off lately. I climbed stairs up the side of a mountain Tuesday, after I could barely walk and was in a lot of pain the next day.

What exercise I do get comes in the form of daily activities. No amount pain will keep me from cleaning - or at least not yet.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
5-6 days per week. Currently training for my second full marathon, so 5 days of running and 1-2 days of strength training or riding the stationary bike/elliptical.

I go to the gym maybe 1-3 days per week, try for at least two.

Never in a million years would I think I would be an exercise nut

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

i dont and i know i should i really have start haha

I really need to start exercising. I bought a bike and really need to start riding it. I get barely any exercise in my daily life. I work in a small store so there is not much room for me to walk around. I live in a ground floor apartment so its not like I even use the stairs.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to exercise about 5 days a week. Usually I exercise for three days in a row, then take a day off, then do three more days, etc. etc. It works pretty well for me. I mostly use my elliptical that I have here in my apartment. I workout for 25 minutes on that, and then usually some type of floor exercise, whether it be squats, lunges, crunches, situps, or something else. If I don't feel like doing the elliptical, I also have the Wii Sports Active and the Wii Fit.