Silly cat conversations you've ever had?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to share this with you all because hubby still finds it hilarious!
Everyone in our social group knows i am the cat lover and have labeled me as the crazy cat lady.

One night we were at a friends place and i had met new people there, there was this guy telling me and another person he had his own business and that he owned a bobcat.. My eyes lit up and i started to squeal. He then ranted on about other stuff i had no clue about and i ran to hubby and I said that guy has a bobcat!! Can we go and visit?? and then hubby looked at me with the saddest eyes and burst out laughing and had to gently tell me that guy was talking about a machine and not a furry kitty...

I was so heart broken!

anyone else got funny stories??

please tell me i am not the only silly one!

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get It!! A bob cat is like a catapillar...excavating machinery. Very funny.
Oh well, we cant all be the experts at every thing.
Correct me if I am wrong.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember a thread from a couple years ago, the title was something along the lines of "things you would only say to your cat" or similar. One member, gayef (iirc) made a post about being on the phone and telling one of her cats "George get your nose out of _____'s butt" - I can't remember the other cat's name...

The thread went along a few pages, so people can get some weird conversations due to their pets.

I can't say I would have thought he meant an actual living bobcat. I live in an area that talk of machinery would be much more common. Plus, coming from a guy I'd always assume that was subject.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know but I have answered the phone with "Ow Church stop biting me!" before. Luckily my friends understand.

The bobcat story reminds me of when I was watching this show about piranhas the other day. The host was talking about them and he went and had a haircut done in some village where a woman actually used a piranha's jawbone to cut his hair. The host made some comment about getting his hair cut as the woman's family looked on "including the family cat, an ocelot." Then they panned to a kid hold an ocelot on a harness and I just went "awwwwwww!" and I couldn't stop commenting to the person I was watching with about how neat the cat was for the rest of the show.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not a cat story, but I think it will make you feel better....

My friends grandmother went to visit her brother in the hospital. His roomate had just had a heart transplant, so she asked "Where did they get your heart?" he replied "Buffalo" to which she said.... "I didn't know they could do that!" Yeah.....

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^
I have problems hearing people sometimes, the fact that people say words incorrectly doesn't help. Saying fur instead of fire, etc. Combine that with the odd habit I have of sometimes taking what people say literally when I first hear it... it's those darn mental images.
Stuff gets translated to pictures faster than it gets fully processed sometimes.

DH showed me a picture earlier from his computer monitor. It was a picture of a map with a big red tack stuck in it and some text. He read the text aloud but the way he said it I didn't understand - the text read "your base is under a tack"
I was sitting here thinking "under attack? what does that have to do with the picture"... I don't usually wear my glasses in the house, which is why I couldn't read the text on the picture.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I want to share this with you all because hubby still finds it hilarious!
Everyone in our social group knows i am the cat lover and have labeled me as the crazy cat lady.

One night we were at a friends place and i had met new people there, there was this guy telling me and another person he had his own business and that he owned a bobcat.. My eyes lit up and i started to squeal. He then ranted on about other stuff i had no clue about and i ran to hubby and I said that guy has a bobcat!! Can we go and visit?? and then hubby looked at me with the saddest eyes and burst out laughing and had to gently tell me that guy was talking about a machine and not a furry kitty...

I was so heart broken!

anyone else got funny stories??

please tell me i am not the only silly one!

Your story cracked me up!!!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Here's a good one - I thought you meant conversations we've had with our cats!
Same here!!!
. I am sure my neighbors think im crazy when I am talking to my cats...especially since their names...Bug, Pooh, Manny, Monkey lol.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Here's a good one - I thought you meant conversations we've had with our cats!
I thought the same thing..I was so excited when I clicked this thread and then started reading...Still funny but NOT what I was expecting....

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm wait does a meowing conversation count? My best friend and I will meow at each other. Some people think that is pretty silly.

Sometimes one of us will just walk in the room and say "meow."

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I remember a thread from a couple years ago, the title was something along the lines of "things you would only say to your cat" or similar. One member, gayef (iirc) made a post about being on the phone and telling one of her cats "George get your nose out of _____'s butt" - I can't remember the other cat's name...

The thread went along a few pages, so people can get some weird conversations due to their pets.

I can't say I would have thought he meant an actual living bobcat. I live in an area that talk of machinery would be much more common. Plus, coming from a guy I'd always assume that was subject.
Yes!
She was on the phone and shouted "George, get your nose out of your mother's butt!"
It wasn't another name, which makes it even funnier!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Yes!
She was on the phone and shouted "George, get your nose out of your mother's butt!"
It wasn't another name, which makes it even funnier!
This is hilarious...I was at work last night talking to my friend Dee about her Saint Bernard puppy and was sharing something about Hercs appt this coming Saturday..And said something along the lines of "Man I cant wait till his B*lls get chopped off because hes going to calm down so much" And at that time about 4 more servers plus 2 managers walked in as I said this and proceded to look at me like I was psychotic and I looked back and was like "Whatttt?" they all thought I was talking about getting BFs hooties chopped off!! LOL..

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LMAO

I related to SOOO many of these comments, I am starting to feel like maybe I am not as insane as people think I am... ahh, it's good to find other cat crazy loons out there to make me feel more normal. Thank guys!

Cash was neutered yesterday (late at 7 months old) and he has been driving me NUTS (pardon the pun) for the past few weeks... totally hormonal and running rampant around the house. I was talking to my sister on the phone and he went tearing through the house, knocking lamps over, pouncing on my poor Cruz girl, etc, and I said the same thing, "I can't wait until they take your b@lls off, maybe you'll finally calm down a bit!" My sister laughed and advised me NOT to say that within earshot of someone who didn't understand about my male cat (I am married, they might think I was talking about my hubby).

On numerous occasions, I have said "get your face out of ___'s butt" or "stop humping your sister" or equally disturbing comments, in front of an open window as the neighbours walk by. I'm sure the first week we lived here, they thought we were crazy, until they finally saw the cats in the windows.

On the other mentioned topic, I talk TO my cats constantly. We have full-fledged converations, about food, naps, toys, needs & wants, discipline, etc. All three of my cats will respond out loud, depending on the topic - Cage will talk, loudly, about anything.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh Fran, that's so cute! I can imagine your disappointment upon learning that it's a machine. My DH sometimes gets to ride a bobcat!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You mean this one - that was hysterical!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lex! I knew she did mention the cat's name in the post.
Probably one of the funniest stories simply because of the delivery and additional information in the post.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading some of these reminded me of when I sent a text accidentally to someone I barely know, saying "Jake got pink soft paws". It was this girl I was working on a spanish project with- and we got put together randomly, not because we know each other or anything.
I was going to send it to my ex boyfriend, because Jake used to have blue soft paws but I decided that he's my baby and there is no need to overemphasize any gender identity he might have, and instead go with a color that I like to see on him
So that was the whole purpose of the text- I hit the wrong button though, and I was kind of embarrassed even though it was really not a big deal. She thought it was funny though mostly because it was so random!!