A few of my childhood kitties

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive the quality of the pictures - they are old....

The picture below is from circa 1980... I was 6 years old.... It is so sad, because I was so close to this kitty, yet I don't remember his name... I also remember that my brother was kind of mean to him - you know, things that little boys sometimes do to kitties? I feel a lot of guilt about that... He didn't hurt him or anything, but annoyed him, put him on time out inside of boxes, tied bells on his tails to annoy him, "let him fall" from the roof on the grass to see if he fell on to his four paws.... took him to the next block to test and see if he would come back home.... Yes - my brother was awful with him, but this kitty never got hurt (my brother probably got more than he did when he got caught doing this
), and lived to be around 16 yr old... Ai ai ai... my brother made me sooo mad.... but he was older and stronger, so I was no match either...
When me and my family moved from one city to another, my parents left him and our doggy behind with the nice couple who bought our house - but these were people who we knew for many many years, and kitty and doggy Suzy were well taken care off until they went to the bridge (RIP)... For some odd reason our parents never took our pets with them
They were pretty practical about that...

Below is the funniest of them all! Meet Yoseph Micael, the crazy vegetarian by choice cat, who had a HELL of a purrsonality.... oh boy, that was an interesting one! Yoseph Micael, or Jose Miguel was found by my sister in a little water puddle in a Yatch Club, and she took it home... Poor thing was probably a few days old... He was weird from day one. He never liked meat, or cat food - all he liked was vegetables - would go nuts over potatoes, carrots, collard greens, beets, and whatever vegetables and legumes I cooked for him. I tried everything.... he didn't like it... He was super fit and healthy, and completely nuts! Here he is napping with meowmy - this was circa 1991. Wasn't he sweet? Sweet he was, but he was nuts! This cat was human - I swear!
One day my dad yelled at him, and went to take a shower. When he came back his couch pillow was pooped on, and not only that, but he jumped on the line drier (laundry) and pooed in zig-zag on all his white shirts! It was classic! Yoseph knew just what to do to piss my dad off - well, needless to say he didn't stay after this day... He was evicted with the cleaning lady...

I know - by now you guys are not liking my past history too much, huh? Sorry - I promise, it was not my fault! Yoseph was well taken care of by D. Delita... There was no way to keep him home after his dramatic poop revenge against my dad
... I tell ya- I laugh now, but then I cried like a baby...

And below is my baby boy.... my love of loves..... my very own Sebastian......... or in Potuguese.... Sebastião.... This is a bad picture, but the only one I found here.... I will see if I find any better.... Doesn't he kind of look like Hope? Awwwww my Sweeeeety ....... Sebastião was my first "heart kitty"... He slept with me every day, and only left my side when I got up.... Sometimes I would sleep very late.... all the way till 2pm or so on the weekends.... and Sebastião would be there, waiting until I got up!
Every day when I left to University, he would lay by the door and wait... I would open the door and there he was, ready for a belly rub... He was just the sweetest thing in the whole world!!!
I often say that he was the hardest thing to leave behind when I moved to the US, because I could tell my family how much I loved them, but I was afraid Seb would never understand me... How could Seb understand why I wouldn't come back through the door the next day? Would he be waiting there forever? Would he be sad?
I gave Seb to my dad's ex girlfriend, who loved him very much, and now he is living in Paris! He should be around 15 years old now... My dad just gave me these wonderful news a couple of days ago.... That he is alive, and well, and in Paris! It filled my heart with happiness!

Seb my darling.... no matter where you are, meowmy still loves you very much!

So, these were some of my kitties while I was growing up... Some of them were family pets, and some of them were mine, like Seb, Yoseph... All of them were dearly loved and are greatly missed and appreciated.... I am so sorry if I failed you one day... As a child I didn't know any better, but you taught me much, and for that I will be always grateful... For my little Orange Tabby - RIP... I loved you ~ Meowmy

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww your childhood kitties all had such interesting stories. Some kids can be really mean to little animals, but don't blame yourself about your brother's behaviour. There was no way you could have stopped him. I feel really sad for you that you had to leave so many beloved animals behind when you moved house, especially Sebastian. I'm sure all of them know how much you loved and cared for each and every one of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Awwww your childhood kitties all had such interesting stories. Some kids can be really mean to little animals, but don't blame yourself about your brother's behaviour. There was no way you could have stopped him. I feel really sad for you that you had to leave so many beloved animals behind when you moved house, especially Sebastian. I'm sure all of them know how much you loved and cared for each and every one of them.
Thank goodness he never really did hurt him, or I would never forgave him...
Leaving Seb behind when I moved here was just about one of the hardest things I ever did... I don't even like thinking about it, or talking about it... I haven't really talked about it until I wrote on my blog last night... which prompted me to post it here too... It brought up so many emotions...
It was Awful...
A few days before I left I took him to be neutered as per the new parent's request (it is not as common to neuter/spay your pets in Brasil, specially apartment pets, that are confined and are not going to breed anyways - and yes, I know the health issues), so I was hit with a HUGE double guilt... The guilt of hurting him, putting him through surgery right before I left, and then handing him to a "stranger" at a "stranger's place" a couple days later... OMG.... Can you say - I WANTED TO DIE???
The only consolation is that Eugenia, the new meowmy, and her kids, adored him, to death! She dated my dad for a couple of years and knew him since he was tiny tiny... She was very loving, and her and the boys were excited to make him the prince of the house... That is why I decided to leave him with her, and not with my dad, my sister, and my brother... I knew that They would love him as much as I did...
But still... It hurt... It still does......
I will never again live one of my kids behind... No matter where I am going, they are going with me - they are part of me now - they are family