Hi from canada

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone my name is victoria and i am going to be a new mom to a furry female abyssinian(have not officially picked out a certain one yet) from a breeder in british columbia(we have talked to her before last year when we were planning on getting one but we had 2 deaths in our families so that had to be put on hold which was sad) called phoenix abyssinians. This our first time owning an abyssinian but we are very excited about it with going through quite a few abyssinian breeders in canada and in the states and settled with them and cant wait. We are getting a female kitten that was born august 2nd and will be ready to go to her new home(ours
) on the 25th of october. We are getting a female from a queen named penny who had 2 males and 2 females and at the end of this month we will be putting 400 dollars down on a kitten(our choice for the 400) then we will wait a little bit so we know the personality of the kitten) We have researched this breed for quite a while so it wasnt a decision just because we like the look of them but adore the personality of these cats and will be planning on someone after our 7(almost 8) year male passes away to maybe add another or a bengal kitten into our home. We also have a purebred cocker spaniel as well.

These are some of the cuties...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations

My mentor breeds Aby's, they are tons of fun to be around.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're in for a treat. Nice looking kittens to pick from. You might also consider an Ocicat in the future (they are from Aby/Siamese/ASH)

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I got my first aby a little over a year ago and you are in for a treat! They are such wonderful little cats with a ton of personality. She snuggles in bed with me every night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks i am super excited about it. I will be even more excited if she can come to the cat show in october so i can actually meet her and see my baby face to face as well see the cat show which i will most likely go to anyways even if she has to ship the kitten which will only take and 1 to maybe 2 if delayed for some reason.

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did just google ocicats and they are also very gorgeous so if i cant find a decent bengal breeder i may choose an ocicat depending on if there are any in canada. I always feel sad for when a cat or kitten has to be on a plane for awhile or else i would mostly looking in the washington area since that is near the american-canadian boarder for an ocicat.

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
me too but these pictures were taken after they had eaten and were just about to have a nap. Hopefully she will be able to get pictures of the two females i have to choose from since by the time the cat show rolls around they will be 12 weeks old and ready to go to their new homes.

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope my female will do that. Well i think i will call her nahla for her home name but when she gets her registration papers i am not sure if they are already named or not i will have to ask.

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they are so it will be super hard to decide on which female we will be wanting but i cant wait to actually make that decision.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NewAbyMommy

they are so it will be super hard to decide on which female we will be wanting but i cant wait to actually make that decision.
Are you looking for a show cat or a pet? Yes, it does make a difference!
If you haven't figured it out, I'm the resident Aby breeder here!

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am only looking for a pet aby. Maybe a long time down the road it would be nice to own a breeding aby female since we have no aby breeders in the province i am from.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't worry about plane rides. I've shipped and have had shipped to me over the years and nothing bad ever happened.

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well that is good so it will make me feel okay if she does get shipped to me instead.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with GK, shipping is nothing to worry about. All my cats were flown to me, happy to get home and out of the carrier but otherwise just fine

Originally Posted by NewAbyMommy

I am only looking for a pet aby. Maybe a long time down the road it would be nice to own a breeding aby female since we have no aby breeders in the province i am from.
It's not only entires that can be shown. Neuters and even domestics are shown too.

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It would be pretty cool if i could show the kitten. Should i be worried though the lady was suppose to send me an email this week but never sent anything to tell me if she was coming to the show or not. I have checked my email every day twice a day but have yet to recieve anything. Not sure if i should start looking for another breeder as when i had looked for another breeder last year the breeder would email me almost every day with pictures. I have yet to even have seen pictures of the parents of the kitten i am getting. I am not sure what to do as i know i want this kind of cat but i would think if a breeder is interested they should atleast keep their word i would think.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would go ahead and email the breeder. I see a lot of these types of concerns on this board and often times the breeder is just really busy with shows or what not. Besides, she seems to have quite a few kittens and likely many new owners so that alone may be keeping her busy, especially with all of their shots, etc. If you still don't get a response after several days, at that point I would think about moving on, but not just yet. Good luck! I know how excited you are to get your new baby!

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had one of my kittens shipped to me - from Northern B.C. to Southern Alberta - it was just a few months ago, no problems at all. Most Canadian airlines won't ship live animals during the coldest months of the year, so I'd phone and double-check what their "off" dates are. Congrats on your new baby, she'll be beautiful! They are sooo cute!