Fate is a funny thing...

mira's_mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A week or 2 ago I was trying to adopt a beautiful boy named Mystery. He was white with one blue eye and one yellow. Just gorgeous. I couldn't help myself and immediately applied to adopt him...and was shot down about a hundred different ways. Today my fiance went to visit his father who lives out in the middle of NOWHERE. On his way home, as he was driving down a dirt backroad, he saw a car pulled over. The passenger door opened and closed again, then they sped off. In their wake were 2 precious little kitties. Someone had dumped them on the side of the road! Edwin stopped to see if they were okay. One bolted for the nearby woods but the other - the white one - came right up and nuzzled his leg. He knelt down to pet him and noticed that his eyes looked funny. Thinking there was something wrong with them, he picked Mr. Kitty up to get a better look, and found that he had one blue eye and one yellow. How ironic, right? So he put him in the car to bring him home. He is on his way now, so I will be meeting the new addition shortly.

moondio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh how neat! I love kitties like that. My neighbor once had one and they let my (now ex) boyfriend and I name her. We named her Yuna, after the White Mage in Final Fantasy X that has two different colored eyes.

Anyways. Congrats!!

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The chances of that happening is like 0.1%! Especially when you were looking at a similar cat to adopt! That is amazing. This little kitty was meant to be yours--WOW. I can't get over that. That's just so strange and very lucky! Post pics soon... I wanna see the little guy too!

How rude of someone to throw those 2 kitties off! I hope the other is going to be OK.

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
is there any way that you will be able to try and trap the other kitten? i am just sick to think it is there all alone. hopefully you can try and find a way to rescue that kitten too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mira's_mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KRZ

is there any way that you will be able to try and trap the other kitten? i am just sick to think it is there all alone. hopefully you can try and find a way to rescue that kitten too.
It's all woods up there. Fiance and his dad looked for the other cat a couple different times, even checked at a few houses in the area, but no sign of him.
There is a farm about half a mile further up the road, we are hoping he makes it there safely. If he turns up we will probably bring him home too.

But I do have the white one here now. He is quite shaken up, especially with all the other cats and the puppy so curious about him, but he is still doing better than I would have expected. We have named him Armani. By the looks of him he is full grown, and just beautiful. He looks healthy, not underweight by any means. He is already eating too, which is good. He is asleep under the coffee table as I type this. Such a sweet boy. Can't imagine why anyone would just abandon him like that. I will post pics soon.

mira's_mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Callie hates him. And he keeps trying to eat Milo. And he sprays. And he wants to mate with my females. We have Callie locked in the bathroom because she's been lashing out at everyone for no reason at all, his arrival must have upset her terribly. She's already attacked me twice, as well as Milo, and she chases Armani down and has ripped chunks of his fur out. Mira and Missy are kept in the bedroom with Mira's kittens and Kiki is in the room mate's bedroom with hers. Should have gotten them spayed sooner, but I am working on it. Armani however will be getting neutered Tuesday. Easier to get him fixed right away than all 4 females, plus I can't take the spraying. And Milo has to be kept away from him too, but also away from Callie obviously, and he can't be around any of the kittens either...so the best we can do is block off the hallway with baby gates and keep him out of the living room/dining room area. Armani could easily jump it to get to him, but he seems less tempted if Milo isn't in the immediate vacinity.
I hope everyone calms down soon. I'm sure they will, especially once he is neutered. I think it's just a big shock for a home with so many cats.

He gets along with Kipper great though, which is a start I suppose.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mira's_mommy

she's been lashing out at everyone for no reason at all
It's not for no reason at all!

Sounds like they are all very stressed out, I would be getting a Feliway plug in ASAP.

Grown cats take longer to adjust than kittens, you'll probably need to keep him separate and do a slow introduction.

Once he is neutered, he is still fertile for up to 2 months so keep him away from your unspayed girls until everyone is fixed.

I would be getting him vet checked (vaccinated, disease tested etc.) before allowing him contact with my resident cats.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, you have your hands full. I don't know much about unfixed cats but I'm sure I read somewhere that once they start spraying it's too late to stop it. Maybe someone can clarify that for me?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kali, sometimes they stop and sometimes they don't. No real way to tell.

mira's_mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Armani tried to kill one of Kiki's 2-week-old kittens today. The kitten is fine though, thanks to Kiki stepping in in time and taking a rather brutal beating herself. There's just 4 small punctures on the kitten's side, near her back legs. The worst is in the crease where her leg meets her abdomen, and even that isn't very deep, it just tore the loose skin there so there is a hole big enough to fit my pinky finger into, but the muscle underneath is completely intact. We got her all cleaned up and I am personally caring for her even though she technically belongs to my room mates. They didn't want to take her to the vet since it doesn't seem very serious and she is up moving and eating and behaving normally. I am watching for infection though and I will pay to take her if that happens.

And Armani gets vaccinated and neutered on Sunday, a week from today. That's the soonest they could get him in. Hopefully all this dominant-male crap will die down after that.

sammyp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, it really sounds like you need to keep this new kitty completely seperate from the other cats for a while. Is there a room he can have to himself so that introductions can proceed more slowly?

mira's_mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgina

Hi, it really sounds like you need to keep this new kitty completely seperate from the other cats for a while. Is there a room he can have to himself so that introductions can proceed more slowly?
He and Kipper hit it off great, so we let him run free in the main part of the house with Kipper because everyone ELSE is already contained in other rooms for various reasons. It's only Kipper and him in the main part of the house. The room mate let him in the bedroom this morning for surpervised visitation with Kiki and kittens and everyone was behaving so he left the room for just a moment, came back, and Armani has a kitten in his mouth! We do keep him seperate when no one is around but he had been doing so well during visiting time (even Callie is warming up to him!) that we had gotten less cautious.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep Armani away from all the other animals for now, it is unacceptable for him to be around kittens and the unspayed mum.

Also I'd be taking the injured cat to the vet now, not waiting. A pinky finger sized hole is a pretty serious wound.