I think know one really knows why they pee on things!

mtbee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Because after reading thread after thread here and writing my own novel with no responses I do not think ANY of us know why they do it nor how to fix it.

We rule out UTI's

We buy all kinds of sprays

We buy new litter + boxes

We pick things up off the floor

Some of us use antidepressants.

Some of us boot the cat and find it a shelter to live in.

BUT, has anyones cat stopped peeing on things? No thread that I read states it stopped and if so, please tell me how.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend on another forum with the same issue.

I have one cat that pees in my office in one spot, but only when she is mad at us or something upsets her. There is no door on that room, so I've put up barriers that keep her out.

She also pooped on a bathroom rug once, but only when I moved her box to a different location. I moved the box back. Problem solved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mtbee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I want to write a book and call it:

THE WOES OF THY ALPHA TIGER CAT ...

but if I have no answers how do I start it?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quite a few people's cats have stopped peeing on things. Ours is one that did. A LOT of people have had success with the Cat Attract litter. Many people don't update threads when the problem is solved.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MTBee

Because after reading thread after thread here and writing my own novel with no responses I do not think ANY of us know why they do it nor how to fix it.
Many people can find ways to correct the problem. Sometimes it's as simple as retraining to a box and making sure the home environment doesn't have a bunch of triggers or attractive spots.
But ultimately when problems are ruled out none of us can ever truly know our cats minds, or anyone/things minds. Nothing has that ability.

You make do with what you have - common sense, advice, and guess work.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Quite a few people's cats have stopped peeing on things. Ours is one that did. A LOT of people have had success with the Cat Attract litter. Many people don't update threads when the problem is solved.

Cat Attract works in my household, in spite of the fact that I have 10 cats that were all born feral, and 2 with chronic auto-immune diseases which makes them more prone to want to go outside of a box, which in turn can set off the rest of the household to want to pee outside of a box. You just never give up and keep trying things until you solve your problem. The only time I have issues now is when my FLUTD boy has a UTI or painful crystals, but when he goes outside of the box, I know to get him to the vet immediately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mtbee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new thing to try is NO MARK so far no one has marked anything. I spray it 2x's a day on random things... I washed everything in the house and sprayed again.. so far okay...but I never know what I'm getting with this cute little cat!