Daily Thread HUMP day Sept 16th

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning fellow cat lovers!

Just eating some cereal and about to grab a coffee. Heading to work in a bit.

I think I am going to play tennis with a friend tonight. It should be nice and sunny..getting chilly though.

Not much else going on...I am boring

Have a good one folks!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
good afternoon

i just put my egg in im having soft boiled egg and soldiers im such a big kid love the toast cut into strips hehe

im just doing some washing and tidying up such a life i lead hehe

hope everyone has a good day

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning,

Yucky day today. The drive in to work was dark and rainy. We're supposed to have off and on rain for the rest of the week and on into the weekend. I'll be in my office writing furiously for the rest of the day. Not much planned after work, hit the gym, go home and feed the kitties, then read for a bit before it's time to go to bed.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Morning.

sunny but chilly here today. I'm just finishing breakfast, then off to work for an early meeting. Then I'm going out for dinner with a colleague who broke her ankle.

Nothing else is really going on. Cats are insane this morning, but I think they like the change in temperature - they stay in bed longer.

Have a good one, everyone!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

good afternoon

i just put my egg in im having soft boiled egg and soldiers im such a big kid love the toast cut into strips hehe
I had soldiers with my soup yesterday

Mornin folks..... Fall is definately coming that's for sure. I don't mind it, except when I forget to shut all the windows and its cold when I come downstairs.

Tis perfect hottub weather
which we still haven't decided what we're doing with. We might just winterise it and save the hydro costs for this winter rather than incurr more costs to make it so we use it in the winter.

Nothing much planned today.... I'm going to take some serious me time to do some thinking, journalling and exercising.

My goal today is to get in at the minimum 10mins of exercise today.... I know it sounds miniscule, but it is indeed alot for someone with chronic pain issues.

LOL, my bottom half will be buff, my upper half will be flabby
There's not alot of arm exercises I can do...... still looking for ones I can do.

The kids and kitties woke me up this morning, so I got bout 6hrs sleep.... but I am not going to try to nap today....I've been failing at that lately and it just makes me in worse shape.

I have to schedule some kittens to be neutered here shortly

and thats bout it on my agenda for today.

Have a great day folks.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris depending on how much pain you get in can you not use some small dumbells? they might work for you
oh yeah and soliders rock haha

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Chris depending on how much pain you get in can you not use some small dumbells? they might work for you
oh yeah and soliders rock haha
I have 2lb'ers..... but even that sometimes is too much

I tried buying a set of ankle weights to attach to my biceps to at least get some shoulder work in..... and do attach them to my forearms to do "fly" type exercises.... I can do that sometimes. At least that way I don't have to grip.... Next time I'm in to see my surgeon and his physiotherepist, I'm going to ask them if they can recommend any upper body exercises for someone like me to do without killing myself doing them.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

good afternoon

One of my favorite childhood breakfasts! thanks for reminding me! (do you like Cracker Egg, too?)

We've been having some lovely weather, but I am in so much pain from Fibromyalgia I can't seem to take any pleasure in it.

On the bright side I am checking out a new gym today. Sadly, it's only Curves, and all they have is the hydraulic circuit, no cardio machines. (the elliptical is what I miss the most) My old gym, "Go Figure, Fitness for Women" had it all, but they closed in May. I've been missing working out, so Curves is better than nothing!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cracker egg is a soft boiled egg put over a few saltine crackers and a pat of butter in a bowl. Mix it together to taste (some like it mushed, some like it barely mixed, with big egg and cracker chunks)

We had it a lot as kids. Now, thinking about it, I guess it was an inexpensive way to see we got a hot high protein breakfast, in a quicker way than egg cup and soldiers (which takes time to eat properly!).

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Cracker egg is a soft boiled egg put over a few saltine crackers and a pat of butter in a bowl. Mix it together to taste (some like it mushed, some like it barely mixed, with big egg and cracker chunks)

We had it a lot as kids. Now, thinking about it, I guess it was an inexpensive way to see we got a hot high protein breakfast, in a quicker way than egg cup and soldiers (which takes time to eat properly!).
no never had it before sounds strange haha might have to try it though

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

Sunny but very chilly here this morning.

Tried to sleep in just a bit this morning as the extra activity the last few days has made me pretty stiff and sore...Made it an extra 1/2 hour then gave up

Going into school a little later today around 11:30 Wednesdays have be designated my slow day so I am only going in for a couple of hours.

After that I have a few errands to run then just home for a quiet evening. Thinking about cooking a nice dinner since I have been eating basically freezer meals and left-overs for the last few days.

The kitties aren't happy because I said no window until it warms up a bit. All three are sitting on the couch giving me the stink-eye.

Hope everyone has a great day

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its cooler here too and overcast no rain in the forecast until next week though. Heard some Canada geese last night and this morning.

Still working on cooking down the tomatoes for the catsup-I've got quite a ways to go however!

Working on some Halloween crafts too.

Heading for the shower soon and then off to work and yet another boring person here-just coming home and continuing with the ketchup making.

Saving energy for my BIG landscaping project I'm starting tomorrow after work and all day Friday (hopefully not Saturday).

Have a good one!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning all!! Im tired!! I went to bed late
. I have school in an hour, then to the barn, pray I do not fall off---I have fallen off 3x in the last 2 weeks all when we were jumping. Then I have an afternoon class and a night class!! Its going to be warm today, but starting tomorrow I think its gonna get into the 100s!! I cant wait until tomorrow!! I only have one class and then I have the rest of the day
. I hope everyone has a great day!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning everyone.. today is like my Friday!!

BF and I are flying to Knoxville, Tennessee tomorrow morning til Sunday. Visiting some of my family who lives there, and my mom is getting there Friday so that'll be really cool too. I am excited for the 40% chance of showers everyday while we're there. Rain rocks when you only see it like 5 times a year!

So today will mean packing, did laundry Monday and Tuesday so that's done with, and then meeting friends for dinner and to give them the apt. keys so they can take care of my baby girl G-cat. Her birthday is on Saturday (supposedly).. she's gonna be 2! I'm sorry I will miss it, but we're having a birthday party next Saturday for her. BF even ordered personalised M&Ms for it. Yes, the man who never wanted a cat, who is now so smitten with Genever enough to actually spend like $50 on freakin M&Ms.

Anyway, back to work. Have to classify some chemicals... exciting stuff.

Have a great day everyone!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

BF even ordered personalised M&Ms for it. Yes, the man who never wanted a cat, who is now so smitten with Genever enough to actually spend like $50 on freakin M&Ms.

ohmygosh, that is too funny

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, G-cat is one spoiled kitty. Even though she won't be getting any M&Ms. So I guess our party guests will be the spoiled ones! I will post pictures, at least of the M&Ms, maybe not so much of the party, which is really an excuse to do a beer tasting (again, none for the birthday girl, but she will get plenty of her own treats!)...

That reminds me, I have some coupons to use on Petco.com, I should order some stuff today! I want to get a turbo scratcher for sure, I just hope she will like it and use it, and some other goodies too.