Had to rush the new kitten to the vet!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She scared me! I had just gotten back from errands, was about to have my lunch and she was on the back of the couch. One of her pupils was WAY bigger then the other and her third eye lid was half way closed. I grabbed her, put her in the cat carrier and drove her to the vet.

We had to sit in the waiting room for a LONG time (probably not really, but it felt like it), I was holding back tears the whole time because I thought something must be wrong with her brain or something. I kept looking in the carrier and her head was moving weird and she kept shaking it.

Vet said she had a bad ear infection and the pressure of that can cause neurological problems. She said to keep up the present antibiotic for three more days, no longer because that particular antibiotic can cause kidney problems and if she is still congested to call and have them give me amoxicillin.

The awesome part was I only had to pay $10, for the ointment she gave me for her ear, she didn't charge me for the office call, because last thursday I had to take the kitten to the next town because they are closed on Thursdays.

Anyway, thank goodness she's ok. The vet said I'm doing a good job.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew!!! Yes, ear infections can be a big problem if untreated!!! And yes - you are a good meowmy!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad it's "just" an ear infection....hopefully s/he gets better soon!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, what a scare! So glad you took her in and she's "just" got an ear infection. Doesn't surprise me since she has an URI, too. I know that with your TLC and constant attention, she'll get well and flourish.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness - what a scare, and thank God she is ok, and that is is only an ear infection! Yes, you are a great mommy!

Isn't it amazing how quickly we get ourselves attached to those little creatures?
many vibes to your little one

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

She scared me! I had just gotten back from errands, was about to have my lunch and she was on the back of the couch. One of her pupils was WAY bigger then the other and her third eye lid was half way closed. I grabbed her, put her in the cat carrier and drove her to the vet.
I know how scary it can be. Last Christmas Fancy began tilting her head to the side and couldn't walk in a straight line. She tried to climb her cat tree and kept falling off. This all happened within about 6 hours. I freaked thinking that she'd had a stroke or something and rushed her to the ER vet. She'd actually developed an ear infection. Thank goodness that it responded to antibiotics, but it totally screwed up her sense of balance.