TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › swan pic from towpath of canal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

swan pic from towpath of canal

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 23
Awww, so pretty! Thanks for sharing. I don't even think we have swans in our canal or in the potomac river. If so, they are so shy they hide. Honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen one in real life....
post #3 of 23
That picture is amazing, were you that close to her or did you zoom in?

Thanks for sharing this with us, I really really needed that.
post #4 of 23
thats an amazing pic, looks so content being there

if you like swans you would love one of our parks here theres dozens of swans there and you can get quite close to them to take some amazing pics
post #5 of 23
I like swans - we have lots of them in NZ!
post #6 of 23
They are beauties!
post #7 of 23
Beautiful..... thanks for sharing.
post #8 of 23
I am jealous! I don't think we have swans here...
post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
Awww, so pretty! Thanks for sharing. I don't even think we have swans in our canal or in the potomac river. If so, they are so shy they hide. Honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen one in real life....
aww they are lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKisses View Post
That picture is amazing, were you that close to her or did you zoom in?

Thanks for sharing this with us, I really really needed that.
yeh i was close! i didn't need to even zoom, it was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -_aj_- View Post
thats an amazing pic, looks so content being there

if you like swans you would love one of our parks here theres dozens of swans there and you can get quite close to them to take some amazing pics
aww cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
I like swans - we have lots of them in NZ!
they are very beautiful! they are quite vicious though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
They are beauties!
i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Beautiful..... thanks for sharing.
its okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKisses View Post
I am jealous! I don't think we have swans here...
awwww
post #10 of 23
That is a very pretty and close-up pic you got. I was thinking though, it looks like it wants to attack you! And then I thought, swans are basically glorified geese, right? And geese are NASTY, so are swans nasty too? And then I saw you answered my question in your above post.

So swans are one of those pretty things in nature where you definitely need to follow the rule of Look, but don't touch.
post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMavis View Post
That is a very pretty and close-up pic you got. I was thinking though, it looks like it wants to attack you! And then I thought, swans are basically glorified geese, right? And geese are NASTY, so are swans nasty too? And then I saw you answered my question in your above post.

So swans are one of those pretty things in nature where you definitely need to follow the rule of Look, but don't touch.
yeh they are nasty! they spit/hiss/and try and snap at you if you get to close!! luckily i didnt get to close for it to try and snap at me

they are very pretty though.. i was impressed with the quality of that pic also, as was only taken on a camera phone!
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKisses View Post
I am jealous! I don't think we have swans here...
I've only seen swans in Europe.
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
I've only seen swans in Europe.
cool

post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
I've only seen swans in Europe.
I've never left the US and I've had the joy of being chased by an angry wild swan. There are swans in the US. I seen a bunch of them in Michigan, and a few of them at parks here in Oklahoma.
post #15 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
I've never left the US and I've had the joy of being chased by an angry wild swan. There are swans in the US. I seen a bunch of them in Michigan, and a few of them at parks here in Oklahoma.
ive seen my fair share of angry ones, but ive never been chased by one
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax View Post
ive seen my fair share of angry ones, but ive never been chased by one
I had walked down to the shore and didn't see the swan. It came out of hiding and was baring down on me in seconds. Thankfully they can't run that fast!
Supposedly it was a male swan that had lost his mate. Since they made that little inlet and section of shore on a public beach theirs they likely went after someone or someone's kids and that's how the female ended up shot.


I wish I had a better camera. I went with DH and his family earlier to go eat at a little restaurant out on a nearby lake. There were several Canadian geese and ducks begging for food. The geese, even being wild, have much more pleasant personalities than swans.

Whatever you do, don't get yourself in a situation where you can make a swan p.o.'ed at you.
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange wings
Whatever you do, don't get yourself in a situation where you can make a swan p.o.'ed at you.
It sounds like it doesn't take much to make them mad at you, LOL!
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
I had walked down to the shore and didn't see the swan. It came out of hiding and was baring down on me in seconds. Thankfully they can't run that fast!
Supposedly it was a male swan that had lost his mate. Since they made that little inlet and section of shore on a public beach theirs they likely went after someone or someone's kids and that's how the female ended up shot.


I wish I had a better camera. I went with DH and his family earlier to go eat at a little restaurant out on a nearby lake. There were several Canadian geese and ducks begging for food. The geese, even being wild, have much more pleasant personalities than swans.

Whatever you do, don't get yourself in a situation where you can make a swan p.o.'ed at you.
i certainly wont, i'd get scared of it coming outta the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKisses View Post
It sounds like it doesn't take much to make them mad at you, LOL!
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
I've only seen swans in Europe.
There are most definitely swans on this side of the world too!
post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
There are most definitely swans on this side of the world too!
awwwwww lol

post #21 of 23
How can I miss this......
brillant!.-........
post #22 of 23
BTW......don´t you like my duckie Girls?...................
post #23 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
How can I miss this......
brillant!.-........


seen it now lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › swan pic from towpath of canal