cat in heat need advice!

jellybean101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is in heatand she won't stop meowing. She has had a few heats before this and each time the meowing gets worse. Right now it sound like someone's sitting on her. Can anyone help??

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, and welcome to the forum! What's your cat's name?

The only thing you can do to stop the heats is to get her spayed. Call and make an appointment, by the time you can get her in, the heat will be over, perfect timing.

You can get her spayed while she's in heat, but it will cost a little more.

Please do not let her outside, just get her spayed, as soon as possible.

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree. When I asked a question about my cat being in heat, I was informed she'd keep coming in heat every 2 weeks... until either PREGNANT or SPAYED.

So unless you are hoping she gets pregnant, I'd get her spayed.
Please get her spayed.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meminikitty

I agree. When I asked a question about my cat being in heat, I was informed she'd keep coming in heat every 2 weeks... until either PREGNANT or SPAYED.

So unless you are hoping she gets pregnant, I'd get her spayed.
Please get her spayed.
Please don't even think it! <shudder> I can't tell you how many people I know who rescue, still up to their ears in kittens. Kittens with no homes to go to.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If being able to afford having her spayed is an issue, in many places low cost spay services are available. You can google "low cost spay NameOfYourTown, State" or "low cost spay XYZ County, State" Or you can search here by typing your zip code into the box in the upper left corner: http://www.pets911.com/services/spay.../locations.php - but often the listings are not complete.

It is best for her health and your happiness with her as a pet if you get her spayed as soon as possible.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My entires settle overnight in a room with a snugglesafe in their beds.

As already posted getting her spayed is really the only thing to stop her as you've found each call gets stronger.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Missymotus, it should be pointed out that you are a registered breeder of Ocicats, and intentionally breed your animals - that is why you have intact cats.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Is this your first cat?

How old is your cat?

You'll be able to learn about cats now that you've joined this website.

Be sure and check out all the resources that this site has to offer, or do a search when you have a question - you'll probably find quick solutions to your concerns.

Getting her spayed will sure solve all her loud complaining.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PLEASE GET HER SPAYED!

Here is how you can find low cost clinics in your area:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203204

Even if she is pregnant or in heat, you can and should still get her spayed.

My newest kitten Squeak was spayed yesterday. She is fine, and has slept more than normal, but she will be good as gold by the end of the week.

When a cat comes in heat, she is in a state of unfulfilled sexual arrousal. It is unfair and uncomfortable to your cat. Also unspayed cats have higher incidence of cancer and other diseases. For the comfort of your cat. For the health of your cat. And for the overpopulation of cats that results in millions being killed every year, PLEASE SPAY YOUR CAT!

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

PLEASE GET HER SPAYED!

Here is how you can find low cost clinics in your area:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203204

Even if she is pregnant or in heat, you can and should still get her spayed.

My newest kitten Squeak was spayed yesterday. She is fine, and has slept more than normal, but she will be good as gold by the end of the week.

When a cat comes in heat, she is in a state of unfulfilled sexual arrousal. It is unfair and uncomfortable to your cat. Also unspayed cats have higher incidence of cancer and other diseases. For the comfort of your cat. For the health of your cat. And for the overpopulation of cats that results in millions being killed every year, PLEASE SPAY YOUR CAT!
True, true. Although I couldn't help saying that if your cat did turn up pregnant, please don't spay. That's killing the kittens inside of her, exactly like an abortion, no matter how under developed they are.
I just find it cruel.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Memini Kitty - is it cruel to kill unwanted kittens that haven't developed into kittens yet? Many of us on TCS rescue cats, and many of us feel very strongly that while everyone should follow their conscience, it is much less cruel to prevent unwanted kittens from being born.
Of course - the very best option is to be responsible, and have our cats spayed and neutered so they cannot parent unwanted kittens.

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Memini Kitty - is it cruel to kill unwanted kittens that haven't developed into kittens yet? Many of us on TCS rescue cats, and many of us feel very strongly that while everyone should follow their conscience, it is much less cruel to prevent unwanted kittens from being born.
Of course - the very best option is to be responsible, and have our cats spayed and neutered so they cannot parent unwanted kittens.
You are right, it is much less cruel to kill kittens that aren't fully formed than to euthanize a kitty in the shelter, I agree with you on that.
But if my cat turned up pregnant, I would find it very, very hard to abort the babies.
But yes, people do need to be responsible so they don't run into that decision. Which is why it is very important to spay and neuter!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want the meowing and "heat" behavior to stop you are going to need to get her spayed..I honestly feel like I have no room to voice my opinion but I agree wholeheartedly with what everyone else has said. I have a female who is not spayed and I am dreading if she goes into heat before I get her spayed. LDG helped me emensely in finding a low cost clinic in my area and Im getting my male done next weekend and my female at the end of Oct or beginning of Nov and I do think its the best and safest thing to do for you pet. Even if you dont want her outside its possible for her to slip out and if she does get pregnant it could add even more stress....I hope this all works out for you
Best wishes!

julie25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It troubles and aggravates a cat terribly when it's not spayed or neutered. Nature wants it to breed and it becomes extremely disturbed and aggitated when its hormones are trying to act up and it can't breed. It hurts the animal in a way. The poor cat needs to be fixed ASAP because the behaviour will become worse as it gets older - very much worse!

I have seen female cats become so disturbed they have actually torn all the living room curtains apart. The poor thing's hormones need to be settled down so it can finally rest and relax. It's being driven insane!