Monster female

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My local cat vet "expert" says she's like a Bengal Maine mix of some sort. Said of the years he's been a vet, he's never seen one this tall/long unless it was a Savannah. He did make a comment about the stripes that run from shoulder blade to behind the ear reminds him of a Serval, though that's not real likely.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mopar92

My local cat vet "expert" says she's like a Bengal Maine mix of some sort. Said of the years he's been a vet, he's never seen one this tall/long unless it was a Savannah. He did make a comment about the stripes that run from shoulder blade to behind the ear reminds him of a Serval, though that's not real likely.
Ahhh I deteste any advice about breeds vets give. They may be experts in health but I don't think they are experts in breeds. It doesn't look like either breed to me.

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, when I describe something in person to somebody and I say, it's the "expert" for example, I'd use my middle and index finger on each hand to animate my speech...

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mopar92

Well, when I describe something in person to somebody and I say, it's the "expert" for example, I'd use my middle and index finger on each hand to animate my speech...
Aha-- the use of airquotes.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a big orange neuter in college who lived to 12 and a half. When I brought him to the vets office after finding him dead one morning (awful day) they weighed him and he was 22 lbs. He was from a calico female and there was a siamesey looking tom hanging around. I'm just saying that 22 lb striped cats aren't necessarily part-bred.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

I had a big orange neuter in college who lived to 12 and a half. When I brought him to the vets office after finding him dead one morning (awful day) they weighed him and he was 22 lbs. He was from a calico female and there was a siamesey looking tom hanging around. I'm just saying that 22 lb striped cats aren't necessarily part-bred.
A *male* being that size isn't unusual. A female that size is what I think is unusual.