New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monster female

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Can you Oci and Bengal experts take a look at this thread and comment on this big girl?

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204376
post #2 of 13
Done and replied
post #3 of 13
I'm not an expert on these 2 breeds by any means but I'll have a look
post #4 of 13
My local cat vet "expert" says she's like a Bengal Maine mix of some sort. Said of the years he's been a vet, he's never seen one this tall/long unless it was a Savannah. He did make a comment about the stripes that run from shoulder blade to behind the ear reminds him of a Serval, though that's not real likely.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar92 View Post
My local cat vet "expert" says she's like a Bengal Maine mix of some sort. Said of the years he's been a vet, he's never seen one this tall/long unless it was a Savannah. He did make a comment about the stripes that run from shoulder blade to behind the ear reminds him of a Serval, though that's not real likely.
Ahhh I deteste any advice about breeds vets give. They may be experts in health but I don't think they are experts in breeds. It doesn't look like either breed to me.
post #6 of 13
Yup, that's why I put "expert"
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar92 View Post
Yup, that's why I put "expert"
LOL Ok I'm like Joey off friends I still don't understand the " " usage!!
post #8 of 13
Unless the vet is a former cat show/breeder I take their breed knowledge with a grain of salt!
post #9 of 13
Well, when I describe something in person to somebody and I say, it's the "expert" for example, I'd use my middle and index finger on each hand to animate my speech...
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar92 View Post
Well, when I describe something in person to somebody and I say, it's the "expert" for example, I'd use my middle and index finger on each hand to animate my speech...
Aha-- the use of airquotes.
post #11 of 13
I had a big orange neuter in college who lived to 12 and a half. When I brought him to the vets office after finding him dead one morning (awful day) they weighed him and he was 22 lbs. He was from a calico female and there was a siamesey looking tom hanging around. I'm just saying that 22 lb striped cats aren't necessarily part-bred.
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohni View Post
I had a big orange neuter in college who lived to 12 and a half. When I brought him to the vets office after finding him dead one morning (awful day) they weighed him and he was 22 lbs. He was from a calico female and there was a siamesey looking tom hanging around. I'm just saying that 22 lb striped cats aren't necessarily part-bred.
A *male* being that size isn't unusual. A female that size is what I think is unusual.
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
LOL Ok I'm like Joey off friends I still don't understand the " " usage!!
lol! Good episode!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home