What to feed her royal highness princess picky pants?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well now that Jordan is healthy Maggie has become a problem eater (well she always was, but now it is worse). Currently the only wet food she will eat is FF (I know it's cause it's kitty crack). Even that she has become picky about. She used to be willing to eat whatever flavor of that & almost every flavor of NB, but now it's only fish flavors & somedays she will only eat dry food. So brands of wet food I have tried that i know she will not eat; Innova, Innova Evo, Wellness, Evangers, California Natural, Nutro, Iams, Wureva, Holistc Cat (or something like that). I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones off the top of my head. I'm wondering is anyone has a super picky eater that likes some sort of healthy wet food.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave up on His Royal Hairiness and his picky eating. He will ONLY eat friskies shreds and gravy and all paste style foods, regardless of flavour or maker, are poisonous, just ask him; he shoves the dish of poison down the stairs, silly cat,. He also only eats Purina One dry and some Whiskas flavour, which I keep forgetting so the barn cats end up with the 'bad' food. His partner in crime, Da Magpie, however will eat anything within reason, so she does clean up his 'bad' food and what she doesnt clean up, goes to the barn cats. So, all in all, I am no real help at all

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats change tastes, but they all love Royal Canin Maine Coon mix. I feed mainly Innova kibble and let them enjoy their FF, altho they eat mostly the gravy.
IMO, what we often call "picky" is cats' abilities to smell either bad food or else know that the nutrition in it isn't what Mother Nature is telling them that they need. Right before the recall, I stopped on my way home from San Francisco and my DH bought the boys some high end canned, which neither JC nor Joey would eat, and it all wound up being recalled anyway

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

IMO, what we often call "picky" is cats' abilities to smell either bad food or else know that the nutrition in it isn't what Mother Nature is telling them that they need. Right before the recall, I stopped on my way home from San Francisco and my DH bought the boys some high end canned, which neither JC nor Joey would eat, and it all wound up being recalled anyway
I agree to a point as cats CAN tell that something is not quite right- but Da Lip, aka His Royal Hairiness, does have problems eating certain styles of food - he just cannot manage large kibble or large chunks of tinned food. You see, when I got Da Lip as a bitty kitty, he had a huge scab where his bottom lip used to be, and he was fed watered down tinned food so he could lap it up at first, then graduated to regular paste style until I wised up and realised a cat NEEDS that bottom lip to eat without making a huge mess. Found shreds and gravy and started him on that because it had the smallest pieces of food andI tried everything including premium chunks and gravym the operative word being chunks, huge chunks. If he gets the same flavour two days in a row, the third day it becomes poison and he walks around yowling, and for some reason, I find bits of chewed and spit out kibble in my shoes.......nah, he aint spoilt much!!!LOL He is also 8 this fall and healthy and if I am careful about what I feed, he is also happy. For the record, he also considers Fancy Feast to be poisonous as the only flavour I could find when they had the intro offer was salmon, and he hates fish. Nope, not spoilt at all, is he??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meow mix is IMHO a decent food that many will eat ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Meow mix is IMHO a decent food that many will eat ...
She likes it!
I can't believe it. I gave them the falvor with samon (super smelly). She not only finished what was on her plate, but she licked out the container.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am discovering that she really like some of the flavors, but won't touch others.
She just cracks me up. I put the food down she will sniff it real good, then look up at me like. "Nope, not eating it. Give it to Levi and give me something worthy of my delicate senses"

kitty queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My very picky boy will refuse to eat almost all wet food but yes the only food he seems to actually enjoy is Meow Mix market selects and Wholesome goodness. They aren't GREAT quality but they have no by-products. Oh and he seems ok with SOME varieties of Sheba

List of wet food he will not eat:
Blue buffalo(99% of it- wilderness he kinda tolerates)
By nature(all varieties)
Avo Derm
Whiskas
Halo
and probably more that I'm forgetting...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have decided to keep a back up supply of food that her Royal Highness will eat. Luckily Levi would eat anything I put on his plate. So I try it with Maggie first. If she turns up her nose I give it to him. She like 1 flavor of the market selects, but has eaten 2 differnt flavors of the Wholesome Goodness. Last night she turned her nose up at FF Medolies. She licked it once, but then steped back, sat down & looked up at me with the "Nope" look.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My foster boys love the Meow Mix- but don't get it that regularly b/c they will also eat better Q` food. Sometimes I will put a little of the MM cups on top of the better wet as an enticement.

They all go crazy for the Proplan Sardines n Tuna or Tiki Sardines.. but with the high magnesium content -3.7 -5 pct... I don't feed it that often.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My extremely picky eater loves the Beef & Salmon flavor of Wellness. He doesn't eat any other Wellness flavor, just that one.
Has "her highness" tried that one?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So she ate the meow mix wet for a whole month & now she is back on the kitty crack.
She is really driving me nuts with her picky attitude.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I have decided to keep a back up supply of food that her Royal Highness will eat. Luckily Levi would eat anything I put on his plate. So I try it with Maggie first. If she turns up her nose I give it to him. She like 1 flavor of the market selects, but has eaten 2 differnt flavors of the Wholesome Goodness. Last night she turned her nose up at FF Medolies. She licked it once, but then steped back, sat down & looked up at me with the "Nope" look.
If she is anything like my Miss Princess FussyToes, she will snarf down a food, you will go out and spend $$$ to get a good stock, and then she will stick her dainty little nose up in the air.

Does she like foods with gravy? Have you tried Avoderm? Cindy will eat a few of the flavors of that. Also, sometimes if I add a little water to some of them, like the Natural Balance, she'll eat some of that.