Cross stitchers - need help finding a pattern

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A couple of really good friends of mine just had a baby!
Well, Laura had the baby, Josey wasn't involved in that part.
I want to make them a really special baby announcement, and I know exactly what I want to do.

Josey is an Army Green Beret, Special Forces and is currently serving in the Middle East. On their baby welcome page with the hospital, they said to welcome Jack (named after her father, also an Army veteran) their new Green Beret.

I know I've seen a pattern of a teddy bear in Army fatigues or camoflauge. It's really cute, and would be PERFECT for them. I searched for almost 2 hours last night and I can't find it.
Can I get more searching eyes, or maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and knows where the pattern is? I do have PC Stitch, which I'm planning to use to create a pattern for Jack's name & vital statistics (born 9-9-09 - how cool is that?), so if it's possible to have a downloadable pattern that would be ideal. If I can't find an actual pattern with fatigues, I can also alter something similar as far as colors go.

Thank you! I really hope the cute pattern isn't just a figment of my imagination!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've looked for the past hour and can't find it, but I KNOW what you are talking about. The one I saw had the teddy bear in fatigues and holding an american flag. I don't know about the green beret, but it's close enough. I think I gave those patterns to my friend when I was cleaning out my mom's house. I emailed her to see if she can send them to me. Can you work with a fax of the the pattern?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I've looked for the past hour and can't find it, but I KNOW what you are talking about. The one I saw had the teddy bear in fatigues and holding an american flag. I don't know about the green beret, but it's close enough. I think I gave those patterns to my friend when I was cleaning out my mom's house. I emailed her to see if she can send them to me. Can you work with a fax of the the pattern?
If I can't get it legit (i.e. buying it), fax should work.
Scan would work better if she can do that. At least I'm not the only one who remembers it!

Originally Posted by marinewife05

is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNITED-STATES-AR...:B:SRCH:US:101

You may have to copy and paste it to get it to work.
No, that's not it.
It was kind of cartoon-ish. Something for a kid's room - that type of teddy. Kinda like this type of bear: http://www.patternsonline.com/Patterns/LPat.aspx?P=4726

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try this site. Susan Holtz made amazing bears! She was my friend and when she died it just broke my heart

You can download one of the .png images and make a template for cross stitch or embroidery from it. There are all kinds of programs that can do that. Or you can go to an embroidery place and they may be able to help you.

If you use one of her bears, please make sure you stitch in proper credit.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

That's really cute! I may be able to use that as a basis of a design.
Oh good, I'm glad you like it. I'm glad I posted it then...I almost didn't because it was embroidery and not cross stitch.
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I could stitch that out on my machine in 30 minutes!
It would save you a lot of time.

I have a Gloria and Pat book that has bears in various costumes, but no green beret's.
Show off!
Actually, I thought about you the other day. I was at the fabric store, and they had sewing machines on sale. They had an embroidery machine on sale for half price...still way out of range, and I really don't need it, but I did think of you when I saw it.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Try this site. Susan Holtz made amazing bears! She was my friend and when she died it just broke my heart

You can download one of the .png images and make a template for cross stitch or embroidery from it. There are all kinds of programs that can do that. Or you can go to an embroidery place and they may be able to help you.

If you use one of her bears, please make sure you stitch in proper credit.
I think you forgot the link?