Post your Tattoo pics :) and stories if you wish and lets talk INK ....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic, but I did search and could not find one for people showing off their ink....

So as someone who stopped counting her tattoos once she got into hourly work, I bring to you the Show off Your Ink thread.

Lets see em.... good, bad, ugly..... go for it... Post their stories if you so choose.

Personally I have:

both ankles
working on a full leg (right leg)
both biceps
left breast
working on a full back

My very first tattoo: I got at the age of 19, shortly after having my daughter. It is a 2" baby bottle with her name on it, on my ankle.

(just the bottle was my first tattoo. I added the little girl yrs later. I have the matching girl on my other ankle with my other daughters name on it. Both my kids got to chose the colour of dresses "their" girls are wearing
)

Here is my other ankle:

Out of all my work, I do have 1 that I regret. It is my second tattoo, and I picked it out of some flash designs and had limited funds....(in my early 20's)

I love the subject matter, but didn't like how it looked.

So I got my current artist to enhance it.

First enhancement:

Second enhancement:

I do not have a good picture of... but we added a wizard, and more background work to it. You can't see detail in this pic, but you can see how much of my arm it covers now:

I'll try to get one of my kids to take better pics tomorrow, and I'll post the rest.

I'm looking for suggestions on the rest of my back piece too

It's been way too long since I've gotten any work done, and I'm aching to go get some more work on my back done.... finish the one outlining part and start some colouring on the section we have almost done... Unfortunately, I need/want to lose the weight I've gained since starting it, prior to getting more done on it.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please excuse my muffin top.

These are my cherries the day that I got them done. They don't look that nice anymore.

Hey if anyone has any good ideas on how I can incorporate a prettier tattoo over this one, I'd love to hear it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

These are my cherries the day that I got them done. They don't look that nice anymore.

Hey if anyone has any good ideas on how I can incorporate a prettier tattoo over this one, I'd love to hear it!
It's hard to tell by the pic, but are they on the front or back side of your hip?

A friend of mine has cherries.... they turned out really good, she put them in a spot I wouldn't be able to post a pic of

Do you want the cherries still visible or are you looking to cover them up completely?

How big of a tattoo would you be willing to get?

They could easily be covered with a kitty face

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Love all your tattoos!!! I am looking at getting one, but all I can think of getting is from my left lower back up to my right shoulder, I want foot prints that lead into hoof prints
BUT I need to figure out if that is the best spot as it will be hard to cover and I have to have someone draw it out.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Tattoos everyone.
I will have to take pics of mine.
I have a cat and a rose arm band.
The cat is in memory of stripe and the rose armband is in memory of my mom.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have a little Egyptian eye on the right side of the back of my neck. I would like to get the lines that often go with it... some people think it's a fish. It's not a fish! It's an eye! I don't think I have any pics of it actually... it's, wow how bad is this that I can't remember when I got it? I think it was in 2000.

I want another tattoo and I know kind of what I want but not exactly and I don't know who to go to in Long Beach to help me come up with a design I like. I want this symbol, but I want it bigger with either a kind of flowery vine winding around it or maybe just filled in with flowers almost like a stained glass thing. My cousin gave me that necklace for being her maid of honor and I really like the design.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the starting of my back:

4hrs in, and nowhere near done..... We had to stop before we could outline her wings as my skin wasn't cooperating....

Some of my fairies:

Eventually my leg will be filled with background work, fantasy trees, toadstools, little dragonflies, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...hightattoo.jpg

The above link is my 4th fairy on the same leg... The picture and my dry skin does not do the work any justice

doctorspepper2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about tattoos, but I'm thinking of getting one. I have an idea of what I want, but I think it'll be something I'll have to draw, because I can't find any images of it. I want it in a place that's kind of inconspicuous... thinking maybe by the front of my right hip... so it would be below the waistline.

Great tattoos everyone!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

My DH is a tattoo artist, and I have about 40% coverage. I will try to get him to help me post some pics later.
That must be nice

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

It's hard to tell by the pic, but are they on the front or back side of your hip?

A friend of mine has cherries.... they turned out really good, she put them in a spot I wouldn't be able to post a pic of

Do you want the cherries still visible or are you looking to cover them up completely?

How big of a tattoo would you be willing to get?

They could easily be covered with a kitty face
They are on the back of my hip. I am not sure about the size I'd be willing to get, but if possible I'd like to cover them up completely. If not, I'd be happy just to have something a little more visually appealing and unique than just some cherries on my hip.

It seems like such a "tramp stamp" and I'm kind of embarrassed when people see it.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any tattoos, not sure if I will ever get any, I am one of those people who constantly change their minds. Only tattoos I can think of that I woudn't get sick of are "In Memory of___" such as a pic of a feline that has passed. I would never get the actual words "in memory of" just because so many people do that. But I don't really want reminders of death... I try to be happy.

I looove looking at everyones tattoos though, they are all so beautiful!

Snake_Lady, are some of those fairies inspired by the works of Amy Brown? (I think that is the artists name) Her work is amazing, your fairy with the striped stockings reminded me of her work.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

Snake_Lady, are some of those fairies inspired by the works of Amy Brown? (I think that is the artists name) Her work is amazing, your fairy with the striped stockings reminded me of her work.
They ALL are

The 3 on my calf are "Ellie" http://www.amybrownart.com/images2_409/open/ellie.jpg
Faerytude: http://www.amybrownart.com/images2_4.../faerytude.jpg
Cossette: http://www.amybrownart.com/images_cu...6/cossette.jpg

The one on my thigh, which I completely adore, is: Wild Violet
http://www.idobelieve.co.uk/Amy%20Br...nwildviol.html

and my backpiece is inspired by: "Dark Horse"
http://www.amybrownarchive.com/detail.asp?img=43

The Dark Horse piece, we had to stop after 4hrs because my skin was inflamed..... so if you look closely, you can see that we have the top rib of her wings there, but no wings yet.

I also have the frog from "Magic Frog" under Wild Violet on my thigh:
http://www.amybrownart.com/images_cu...magic_frog.jpg

I'm sure I will be able to incorparate more of her work on my back.... she has a couple newer pieces that I think might work for the upper half of my back.

I also love "Moon Dragon". I hadn't seen it prior to recieving my Faery wisdom deck.... it's one of the cards and I think it will suit my upper back:
http://www.amybrownarchive.com/detail.asp?img=109

Can ya tell I love her artwork?

Seriously, I was looking through her book, and it was almost like Faerytude reached out and pinched me
(that was the first inspired by her)

ETA: I have 2 of her books, her Faery Wisdom Deck, an 11x14 print which I had mounted, several 8x11's, bookmarks, greeting cards, colouring pages, and one of her older calenders
Yup, big fan of her work.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew it!

I haven't seen her artwork in years, a friend had one of her books and let me borrow it. There are a lot of Amy Brown things (hoodies, postcards, ect) in Hot Topic stores, do you have those in Canada? If not they have an online store. I have a feeling you would LOVE it.

Her pieces are so intricate and seem to have their own stories, I especially like the ones with animals.

Your tatt artist did an amazing job capturing her artwork! I really REALLY like the Dark Horse, I can't wait to see the finished product.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

I knew it!

I haven't seen her artwork in years, a friend had one of her books and let me borrow it. There are a lot of Amy Brown things (hoodies, postcards, ect) in Hot Topic stores, do you have those in Canada? If not they have an online store. I have a feeling you would LOVE it.

Her pieces are so intricate and seem to have their own stories, I especially like the ones with animals.

Your tatt artist did an amazing job capturing her artwork! I really REALLY like the Dark Horse, I can't wait to see the finished product.
I don't think we have those stores here, but I buy off of her website
I lucked out the last time I ordered, you get a free gift for orders over $50...and I ended up with a 8.5 x 11 print the one order, and a couple petite prints with my other order.

I can't wait to finish my back.... part of that resides in losing weight
as well as money, and then deciding how I'm doing the rest of my back LOL. The lower half is all I have figured out so far, which is basically what you see in the outlining with the addition of her wings (feathered wings) and water/rocks underneath (right now we just have the water ripples around their feet).

I have to decide if there will be more individual pieces or just background work for the rest. I'm thinking a couple smaller pieces, plus dragonflies, flying critters and scenery. But I've also considerred doing a "greenman" too.... but I think that would be to cluttering.

The background work will be inspired by AB as well.... her tree and toadstool style, etc.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Both of ours together.
That is awesome

My hubby has no ink, nor will he. We are total opposites LOL.