meet Sebring.... who knows what she is..

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued a cat that a private ranch was going to kill, thinking she was something wild. Anyway, make a long story short, I rescued this beautiful bengal and flew her home, straigh to the vet. She checked out great and got all of her shots. She's overcome most of her timid behavior and has made a fantastic indoor cat. We've got a good size place for her. She was 12 lbs when I got her to the vet 1 year ago. She's been in for some check ups and an ear yeast infection and that's it. She's healthy as can be. The problem is, she is HUGE. Floor to belly, she's right at 13". Her canines measure just shy of 1" . She is very long and obviously tall for a domestic. She has stopped growing and has leveled off at 23.5 lbs. My vet can't tell me what she is. A vet up north of me said she could be an Ocelot/bengal mix. What is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was going to post another pic... I am out of allowable space on the site.....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful

To post more pics (slightly larger ones too, which would help in ID) upload them to photobucket or another image hosting site, then post the [IMG ] code here.

Feel free to pm if you need more details on posting pics.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, from the pix, her face looks like a domestic shorthair. I don't see rounded ears that Bengals are supposed to have. There's some striping at the front of her body, and there are solid spots on her back that look like they belong to an Ocicat rather than a Bengal. Perhaps she is an Ocicat or an Ocicat mix, but we'll leave it to the experts to identify her. She's beautiful though, I love tabbies of any sort

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you posted these pics here before? They look very familiar. I think the cat is a domestic shorthair or a bengal mix. There's something about the markings in her neck that look different than 'regular' moggies/domestics...

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did post them before, but that was when she was just tall and skinny, not a huge domestic. She drawfs my Maine Coon 20 lb "lion"

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to see more pictures.

For a female to be that big I think she just about has to be some type of exotic blood in her.

Maybe it would be a good idea to post a couple of good pictures of her in the Breeders forum??

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds lovely. Bengals are not very big cats, so I wouldn't think that would be a large part of her blood line. Maybe she has a Maine Coon ancestor somewhere, inspite of the short fur!

I noticed your user name and her name. Do you have other kitties named after Chrysler cars? <ggg> I'm a Mopar lady myself. Have never driven anything but a dodge! Started with a Spirit (best car ever made) then a Stratus (eh...) and now an Avenger (love it! ).

Can't wait to see pictures that show her a little better.

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Test......

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pic above was when I first captured her from the farm and took her to a motel room the night before we flew home..

Another test pic.. this is her right at 22 lbs this July.

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pics clutter the text. She is just all muscle, as opposed to my fat little Lion Maine Coon. She has incredible biting power, hense the leather chew toys and not the furniture!! She's never drawn blood or even scratched on of us that didn't deserve it from playing! Not bragging, just giving you experts knowledge of her. She has unreal vertical leaps, right from the floor to the top of a full size fridge. She has the standard 5 claw setup. As I mentioned before, the vet measured her canines at just a tic under 25 mm, which is around .900 of an inch. She eats a lot and boy do you have to stay after the kitty litter boxes. She loves it when I fill up the bath tub and she just stands in it... Thats it for now. I'll get some more pics up soon...

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last one for a little while, I snapped one of her upside down so you can see her underside color and marks. Guys, thanks for the help on this mystery gal. Seeya

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone call guiness!

It's funny because she just looks like a HUGE DSH, actually she looks ALLOT like my Tasha just much much bigger!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

She sounds lovely. Bengals are not very big cats, so I wouldn't think that would be a large part of her blood line. Maybe she has a Maine Coon ancestor somewhere, inspite of the short fur!
Actually Bengals can be quite large. Males can be 20+ lbs. I think maybe the large size is starting to get bred out as a result of giving greater priority to other physical attributes.

I've never heard of a 20+ lb female of any breed. Unless she was fat or course which Sebring clearly isn't.

She looks fairly Bengalish to my inexpert eye but maybe she's just a freakishly large DSH.

On second look, I'd go with monster DSH.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Actually Bengals can be quite large. Males can be 20+ lbs. I think maybe the large size is starting to get bred out as a result of giving greater priority to other physical attributes.

I didn't know that. I only know one person with bengals, two rescue cats he adopted when they were adults, and both are around 9 pounds. A male and a female, unrelated.

I'm in agreement that Sebring is a very beautiful over sized DSH mackerel tabby!

Very Special Kitty!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You really should post some of these pictures in the Breeders Corner forum. We have both Bengal and Ocicat breeders in TCS. They would be able to tell you what feature match or do not match those breeds.

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is a DSH?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mopar92

What is a DSH?
Domestic Short Hair. The most common breed of cat in the US. Sometimes referred to as a "moggie" or "alley cat" or "just an ordinary cat".

Three of my beauties are DSHs. Coco is a Bengal but she is tiny. 8 1/2 lbs.

mopar92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah... duhh. Thanks

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

You really should post some of these pictures in the Breeders Corner forum. We have both Bengal and Ocicat breeders in TCS. They would be able to tell you what feature match or do not match those breeds.
My curiosity got the best of me. I cross posted this thread over there.