I am looking for a dust mop

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is electrostatic. When I use my terry cloth covered dust mop, the one that is a large rectangle, it makes the fur fly around no matter how slow I go. Is there a dust mop that fur clings to as it is swept up? I end up making numerous passes in one area as the fur just goes flying around. I don't want to spray anything on it as I don't trust chemicals on my cats feet and then they lick it off. Ugh! Thanks, I'll go try to finish sweeping.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

that is electrostatic. When I use my terry cloth covered dust mop, the one that is a large rectangle, it makes the fur fly around no matter how slow I go. Is there a dust mop that fur clings to as it is swept up? I end up making numerous passes in one area as the fur just goes flying around. I don't want to spray anything on it as I don't trust chemicals on my cats feet and then they lick it off. Ugh! Thanks, I'll go try to finish sweeping.
I would look for a microfiber cloth. There are a variety of different types to choose from at directmopsales.com, or you can go to your local janitorial supply store. Don't even bother with the kind sold in grocery stores or Home Depot.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

I don't want to spray anything on it as I don't trust chemicals on my cats feet and then they lick it off.
Have you tried water? I spray mine down with water till it's a bit damp - I do the same with the dust cloths to collect fur.

I got my microfiber covered dust mop from Kmart, and I get my microfiber dust cloths from the automotive section.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a Swiffer Vac on my hardwood floors. It is a combination vacuum and dust mop. The vacuum sucks up fur and the dust head gets the dust. Works great. It's cordless and lightweight also.