Question of the day - Monday, September 14, 2009

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning folks!

It has been raining non-stop for the last 3-4 days (don't remember is since Thu or Fri) in Dallas, so the question today is all about rain!

When you were a child, did your parents let you play under the rain? Did you like it? Do you prefer a rainy day, or a sunny day? And the last question: Is it supposed to rain where you are today?

I LOVED playing under the rain when I was a kid! I miss it!!! I take a rainy day anyday, over a sunny day - LOVE LOVE LOVE tha rain!!! what about you?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't allowed to but I love playing in the rain (still kinda do)

It's the 2nd week of Spring here in NZ so it can rain or be sunny if it wants - it was so close to rain today it wasn't funny, it was like just hurry up and rain!
Mighty windy out there tonight though!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love playing in the rain, as long as its not the cold, cold, cold fall rains.

Not so much that I'm older, with too many health issues that are made worse by rain.

Feels like its going to rain sometime within the next 24-48hrs

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Weather cat wants out so I'm assuming no rain, at least for the morning.

Yes I LOVED going out to play in the rain
, still do sometimes...

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid I rather stay inside on a rainy day.I only started appreciating rain as I got older.Now I enjoy a heavy rain day...not really into the light and sticky rain days!

And it is not raining here today...it is POURING!

Very wet and windy today.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to beg my Mom to let me go play in the rain; she usually let me just to shut me up. Loved splashing around in the gutters.

I still love rainy days, in fact that's my favorite type of day.
I wish we had rain in the forecast, but the whole week is supposed to be dry, and it was dry last week as well. I'm still at the point that I have to water the garden.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved to play in the rain.
My Mom used to say "you are not made of sugar you won't melt" now go outside and play. I love to go for walks in the rain. There is a chance of rain today

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice Question!...
what a memmories...

I never got permition, BUT I´m always find the way to Scape from home and go to play football with my friends!....Can you believe me? Just once I get a big flu of all my scapes under the rain!...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Native Seattlite!
We played in the rain, no such things as video games, so unless it was cold as well, we were out in it.

Rain? Out here?
Well, our Monsoon season started at the end of July and so far, we've had two, very brief downpours.
The river only stayed muddy for 18 hours.
I'd love for the rains to get here and not wait until the cooler weather comes.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the rain because it gives me an excuse to be in a bad mood and sleep in
Then I can blame it on the weather and not my laziness...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They didn't really care as long as I didn't come in trailing mud and grass. I don't really think I had a preference. I was just as content play in my room or reading unless my parents were in a bad mood - then I had to split outside..

There's a low chance of rain today, here, but it is overcast and cool out.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know? I don't remember one way or the other what we did as kids when it was raining -- probably were out in it as long as it wasn't a downpour. I don't mind the rain -- better not in Vancouver!
It can really be lovely when it's not too heavy. But I do like a sunny day, as long as I don't have to be right in the sun.

Today? Well it's grey at the moment, but Environment Canada is still saying that it is going to clear up and be sunny this afternoon. No mention of rain, though. I guess we'll see what we see.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom was okay with it as long as it wasn't to cold out, and we didn't track water all over the house. I actually like playing outside in the rain and one of our favorites things in the summer was swimming in the rain. No rain here today although it did look like we might get some this morning.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

. I actually like playing outside in the rain and one of our favorites things in the summer was swimming in the rain.
This reminded me of something. When I was little I would always play in a huge puddle that would form in part of our yard after heavy rains. The low spot had grass so it would make a fairly clean puddle that was a little over a foot deep at it's deepest part.
I was 5 and had the brilliant idea to put a piece of plywood I found laying about in the puddle and jump on it. This would make the wood scoot forward a little and I'd have to balance on it.
...Can anyone see where this is going? I got too much momentum on one of those jumps and it flew out from under me, dumping me right on my butt - and back.
I was a mess with grass and some mud in my hair. My uncle was outside, a couple yards away, working on his bike - he couldn't stop laughing.

I can't say I really learned my lesson cause I did something similar years later with a grassy hill and a piece of cardboard.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I loved to play in the rain.
My Mom used to say "you are not made of sugar you won't melt" now go outside and play. I love to go for walks in the rain. There is a chance of rain today
My mom must have gone to the same "Mom School" as yours! That seemed to be one of her favorite sayings too.

I love watching it rain, and sleeping when it's raining. I don't really remember rain being much of a deterrent to our play when I was a kid. As an adult I don't particularly like being out in the rain, but I do enjoy watching a good lightning storm.

The skies are very dark and threatening looking right now, but there's no rain in the forecast.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel your rain woes! It's been raining here since Friday as well. And there's rain in the forecast until Thursday!!!

As far as playing in the rain, rain usually equals storms here and I've never been a fan of storms. So as a child you would find me curled up inside with a book and all of my stuffed animals to protect me when the rain came,

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It rained here all day today. The sun never peeked through even once.

As far as playing in the rain, we were not allowed to play in the rain.