One of my dogs

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was experimenting with a photo program. This is one of my American/Canadian champions
Her name is Kelly. I bred her myself. Kinda proud of her
Just a neat shot of her gaiting along the fence in pursuit of squirrels....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

She's stunning, and her colour is beautiful - so rich!
Thanks
Yes, we don't care for washed out colors... she does have nice pigment
The best part is..she's SWEET too!

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

Brittany Spaniel?

Such a cute dog! Have you shown her?
That's right, Nes!
Yeah, I've shown her
thank you for asking!! She is an AKC and Canadian KC champion. She managed to be in the top 20 in the US the first half of this year, breeder-owner handled by me!
I have NOT shown her much this year, only once since late Spring so she's not currently ranked. I'm going to show her a few more times this Fall and then really have fun next year.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by allfurlove

What a pretty girl
Her color (liver?) is so vibrant!
Orange, actually. They do come in liver as well. And tricolor. Here is an orange and a liver together to compare...and....
these are my dogs too! Meet Maestro and Libby (the liver)...they made the front cover and I only found out when I actually found the calendar at petsmart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This photo session was from 2003...these are "old" dogs now

http://www.browntrout.com/calendars/...1473&IID=10023

click on the picture of the cover to enlarge. It is the 2010 one.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

very pretty girl.... I can see why you are proud
Thank you SnakeLady! Kelly is my pride and joy. And she is Gigi's owner. I all the time call Gigi "Kelly's cat"....they are quite the pair

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! She's gorgeous. My neighbors had a brittany when I was really really little, so sweet I would pet her through the chain link fence.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Allmycats

She is an AKC and Canadian KC champion.
That doesn't surprise me for a second!

Can you tell us a little about the Brittany's personality? We've been thinking about getting our son a dog in 2 - 3 years and I'm looking in sort of the Brittany's size & energy range, but forgot about them somehow!

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

That doesn't surprise me for a second!

Can you tell us a little about the Brittany's personality? We've been thinking about getting our son a dog in 2 - 3 years and I'm looking in sort of the Brittany's size & energy range, but forgot about them somehow!
\\

They are funny dogs
They truly seem to have a sense of humor....they have that joie de vivre, that love of life and the vibrancy to live it to its fullest. This CAN get them in trouble at times b/c they need a job
Whether it be hunting or obedience or helping you around the house, a bored Brittany is a naughty Brittany! True of many dogs I am sure, but they wrote the book on it
That said, they are generally very easy house dogs...most of mine tear around outside like crazy and come inside and crash or are just generally reasonable in the house (once no longer puppies). They are very SWEET and loving dogs. Most are very affectionate (esp the boys!); some are more aloof and yet still want to be in the same room as you. Some are happy if a part of their body is touching you. Others must be IN your lap. I have at least one of each! They use their paws a lot. Sometimes I stop and look for thumbs
They are busy and they can be very NOSY. They are counter-cruisers. As a breed they are good EATERS. Pigs. They don't miss a meal and that is so nice b/c some breeds tend to be picky eaters. Brittanys are jolly dogs for the most part. They are also very serious about their birds. Amazing to watch them hunt. They are outstanding hunters. Exciting to see one sniff the wind, tear around and STOP and go on point.....
Another nice thing about them is their relatively small size. They average about 35 pounds (boys heavier). They have compact, sturdy bodies. Coat is lovely to look at but not excessive. What can I say, they are just totally my cup of tea
OH and none of mine has "doggy smell". They are very clean dogs as a breed and also have tight lips..."dry" mouths. This is so they can hold a bird without drowning it in drool
Brittanys are not for everyone b/c of their high energy busybody personalities. But they've got me wrapped around their paws for sure
Hope this helps!

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let me add that this is not a guard dog, but makes a good watch dog. They are alarm barkers. Two of mine go off at the smallest noise. They generally are not the type of dog that barks for fun, though I DO know a few (and I've got one)...generally they bark to warn or if they want something and want it NOW, but are not really recreational barkers (like some of the herding breeds and others). I have a girl with a very low raucous bark and a boy with a very high pitched voice. Funny. They can be aloof with strangers even as friendly as they are. They'll accept the vast majority of people readily however. Just like people though, we can't expect a dog to be all chummy with a stranger...we don't just go up and pet a guy on the street, why do we expect our dogs to? LOL Any other questions, ask away.