My first future queen!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now it's official, I'm getting my first breeding queen! I just got confirmation from the breeder that the deposit went through.
She will be imported from Germany in the end of November. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to pick her up myself or will the breeder ship her for me (not a long flight).
It's not exactly the color I was looking for (she is a bit darker), but very close. Who can guess what color she is?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaded or chinchilla silver? Not sure if it would be tabby based on the front photos and not the entire cat. She's adorable tho. Name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a seal silver tabby point.
I was originally looking for seal silver shaded point but I just couldn't find one with long hair and pedigree which isn't too inbred or related to my males. Also the facial features were an important part of my choise, she has the broad nose which I adore. Her breeder is calling her Dascha at the moment, I think that will be her 'official' name too, we rarely get to choose the name to kittens we buy, the breeders name them (prefix is Fantastic Points). I'll propably call her Luna if it suits her personality.

Here's one more pic to show the darker parts better:

I'm very excited because she will propably be the first silver point Brit in this country (as far as I know) and the first Brit intentionally bought for breeding BLHs here. So many people have been asking me where I got my Utu (the neutered BLH male) that I wonder why no one else is trying to breed them here, they are gorgeous!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

How old is she now?
She's now 6 weeks old.
We have agreed that if something comes up before she's 16 weeks which makes her not breeding quality, I'll get the deposit back.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

She's now 6 weeks old.
We have agreed that if something comes up before she's 16 weeks which makes her not breeding quality, I'll get the deposit back.
Ah, I was going to ask about that. I was under the impression that you can't determine if a cat is breeding quality until they're older....so that explains it!

Wow, she's cute.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Yeah, you can't really be sure this early, that's why we made the agreement about the deposit. All of the kittens from this litter have already been reserved by breeders (this is a very good litter), they made similar agreements with the others too (atleast one of the other kittens is going to be exported too). They are also 'holding' one for themselves to see if they'll keep him or sell as a show or pet neuter.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

Ah, I was going to ask about that. I was under the impression that you can't determine if a cat is breeding quality until they're older....so that explains it!

Wow, she's cute.
You should be able to know a great deal - in the breeds I specalise in, anyway. I knew from the second mine was born (last litter dec 08) which would be breeding/pet quality, just not which ones I was going to keep/show

AHHHH sorry Nglow I thought you'd already had a few litters - I was going to guess pointed but didn't know the colour. She is absolutely gorgeous! Please keep us updated with more pics. I hope everything works out.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, I could tell my show from pet quality in the Cornies within the first week. Only had a few that didn't turn out what I orginally thought they were (quality wise).

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

AHHHH sorry Nglow I thought you'd already had a few litters - I was going to guess pointed but didn't know the colour. She is absolutely gorgeous! Please keep us updated with more pics. I hope everything works out.
Well, I don't have any litters under my own cattery name yet, but my shaded silver BSH male has sired one Scottish Fold litter and will soon be mated with a classic silver tabby BSH female. Both of those breeders are first timers, so I'm involved in every step and it feels like they almost are my own litters.

I'm going to test if he's a longhair carrier (very possible) and if he is, he will be mated with the new kitten when she grows up. I also have the gorgeous lilacpoint BSH male, and I definitely would like to have kittens from him!

I attended to a breeder seminar last weekend, it was aimed to people interested on breeding (beginners) and since 2010 January everyone who wants a FifÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] catteryname will have to attend to one of these seminars (atleast in this country, we have pretty strict rules..). I have my catteryname in TICA but it was close to where I live so I thought why not check it out. Few FifÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] judges were the 'teachers' there, and as a total newbie I got to correct several mistakes they were 'teaching'. I could see they were thinking I'm an annoying smartass kid..
But when working with not so common breeds I've had to read a lot of rules and genetics...

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

For me, I could tell my show from pet quality in the Cornies within the first week. Only had a few that didn't turn out what I orginally thought they were (quality wise).
Yeah, the agreement is just made in case something like dental issues or tail kink appears which don't always show in the first few weeks.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

my shaded silver BSH male has sired one Scottish Fold litter and will soon be mated with a classic silver tabby BSH female.
Update: Female was here and now we are waiting to see if the mating was succesfull.

And update pic from my new kitten, just got few new pics from the breeder:

Cuteness overload!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another update: She turned out to be a shaded point after all which is what I was originally looking for! Good for me
I was already going to 'settle' on a silver tabby point because I couldn't find a shaded point which matched my plans. I'm so excited, she looks exactly the type I was looking for.

The breeder is taking her into a show Nov 8th, and I'll get her 15th. I hate waiting..

New pic:

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Another update: She turned out to be a shaded point after all which is what I was originally looking for! Good for me
I was already going to 'settle' on a silver tabby point because I couldn't find a shaded point which matched my plans. I'm so excited, she looks exactly the type I was looking for.

The breeder is taking her into a show Nov 8th, and I'll get her 15th. I hate waiting..

New pic:
She is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! It's going to be looong month to wait for her.

And more good news: my BSH male Kuura is going to be a daddy (for the 2nd time).
It seems that the mating with a classic silver tabby BSH female was succesful.
I was so sure that it wasn't because the female was a 'silent one', meaning that I didn't hear any screaming or yowling from her after the matings. She was very prude compared to the previous female..