One little calico - saved!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Callie was surrendered to the Livingston County (Mich.) Animal Control by her family. Don't know why. 12 years old! Sweet. Front paw declawed. Good with kids, dogs and other cats. I've been tracking her ... suddenly - this morning she disappeared from AC's web site. This is not good. So I called. Turns out she was in the dreaded "back room" with URI symptoms. That is a death sentence.

I just couldn't let AC be the last place on Earth this older gal would ever see. So I started working emails and the phone. I called in a marker for a foster home; I asked the Humane Society if they would take her as a transfer, since there was likely no springing her as an individual or as a rescue.

Well, thank heavens it all worked out! The HS did pull her and she is now in safe hands. She will be fostered by a couple that owns a vet clinic!!

Here is darling Callie:

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!
Bless you for being so persistent. I'm sure Callie is a very happy girl now.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The adults are always the hard ones. We have a number of very nice cats right now, almost all of them spayed/neutered, some of them declawed, and they're just not moving.

Although we DID have Luna, our resident hiding cat, adopted this morning. You usually couldn't see her; she liked to hide under anything at all.

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my...I have a weakness for calico's and torties. Must not look!

Awww...she's so darned cute! I knew I shouldnt have looked!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The woman who is taking her in may already have a placement for her... as in permanent home.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a beauty. If I were ever to choose an animal rather than be chosen I think I would prefer an calm adult to a rambunctious kitten. I know that if I were looking for a dog I would definately want one well past puppy hood.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Permanent home fell through. But the foster mom's hubby is a vet - he checked Callie over and wasn't at all concerned about her "sickness." Hardly anything at all. So what in the blue blazes was she doing in the quarantine room.... Huh? That's a death sentence at this place.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Permanent home fell through. But the foster mom's hubby is a vet - he checked Callie over and wasn't at all concerned about her "sickness." Hardly anything at all. So what in the blue blazes was she doing in the quarantine room.... Huh? That's a death sentence at this place.
Maybe it was less being "sick" and more being 12 years old...

Addie, you are an angel!!! I've got tears in my eyes as I write this. What you did was phenomenal! Callie is a beautiful girl. She's alive today because of you.
Thank you!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KTLynn

Maybe it was less being "sick" and more being 12 years old...

Addie, you are an angel!!! I've got tears in my eyes as I write this. What you did was phenomenal! Callie is a beautiful girl. She's alive today because of you.
Thank you!
Thank you, but it was a joint effort. The basic problem at this AC is if a cat sneezes, it's "sick" with URI and goes in the back room. And they never, ever come back out.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you, but it was a joint effort.
Understood. But you got the ball rolling. It was your initiative that set in motion the effort to save Callie.

The basic problem at this AC is if a cat sneezes, it's "sick" with URI and goes in the back room. And they never, ever come back out.
Darn shame. What a disgrace. Poor babies.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless for your efforts - and sending major prayers and vibes that Callie finds a loving, caring home with pet parents who understand cats, to help her overcome the traumas that she has endured lately