School just started already stressed

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I requested a particular grade 7 teacher for my son Ms. O., explaining that he needed a no nonsense teacher. I was happy when he was placed in Ms. O.'s classroom. I found out today they decide to do 3 6/7 split classes. The teachers will sharing all three classes. meaning Ms. O. will teach Science. Mrs. M. will teach Social studies. They will be breaking into groups in different rooms for L.A. and Math. So he will be getting the teacher I wanted to avoid for 3 of his main courses. My son earned Outstanding student of the year in Grade 5. His grades went down to 28% in S.S and 18% in Math having Mrs. M. for Grade 6. The way they changed things, it doesn't matter which class I put him in he will still have Mrs. M.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is something you can do. Our daughter had a horrible woman in Grade 2 (several other parents took their kids out of her class). I talked to our family doctor and he said they don't usually get involved but if the relationship with this teacher was affecting our daughter he would do up a letter for the Principal and they would be required to change her to another teacher. It's worth a try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

There is something you can do. Our daughter had a horrible woman in Grade 2 (several other parents took their kids out of her class). I talked to our family doctor and he said they don't usually get involved but if the relationship with this teacher was affecting our daughter he would do up a letter for the Principal and they would be required to change her to another teacher. It's worth a try.
I am going to talk to the principal. There is no class to transfer him too. All of the Grade 7 teachers are apart of this course sharing.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I am going to talk to the principal. There is no class to transfer him too. All of the Grade 7 teachers are apart of this course sharing.
What a lousy situation - my daughter once had an English teacher who wore an expensive, overpowering perfume that gave my daughter headaches & nausea. She performed terribly in that class & the principal refused to do anything about it. I had an SST team meeting called, but because we are in a small area, there were no other options. I couldnt' homeschool because I was working two jobs & I couldn't afford the only private school in the area....I feel for your son & you

sammyp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, why not get your son a tutor for maths and SS?

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kids both have 7 periods. They both get every teacher for their grade for at least an hour. I have one in 6th grade and one in 7th.

If you really don't like this teacher....you really only have two choices...switch schools or home-school him yourself.

(Unless this teacher has done something so terrible that warrants him/her being removed from the teaching system) This is an uphill battle you'd have to take on with the superintendents office.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgina

Hi, why not get your son a tutor for maths and SS?
My son is capable of getting straight A's in S.S. and math. This teacher has no backbone, the kids do what they want when they want. There is no structure, The classroom is loud, the kid talk visit with each other. She didn't even tell me he was no doing his work until he was 12 assignments behind. The kids keep a daily planner, that has to be signed by a parent and the teacher daily. There was not one note about work not done. She is a lovely sweet kind lady, she is unable to discipline . If you seen her in a store with her kids, you would understand.