A new responsibility at work.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great. I've been given a new job at work (on top of my other one). Now, I'm the lucky one to do customer satisfaction surveys.
One of those "on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being least satisfied....". Can you tell I'm just thrilled?

First of all, I HATE cold calling people. My job is in a call center and I have no problem when people call me, or if I have to call them back, because they are expecting my call. But, I hate being interupted by a stupid survey when I'm in the middle of something so I'm sure other people do to. Not to mention most of the phone numbers we get from these people are either work numbers (hate to disturb people at work) or cell phones.

Second, the contract I work on is run by the federal government and there really aren't many "satisfied" people out there right now.

But, with this company, if they ask you to do something extra and you say no, it does get held against you. Plus I'm what is considered "tier 2" which means I'm on helpdesk, assist the supervisors with coaching, etc so extra duties are part of the job description. Oh well....I guess I'm stuck.

I just needed to vent a little. I'm dreading tomorrow.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually don't mind taking the surveys...but I would hate having to call people, too. I feel your pain....

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's kind of odd to hear from the other side of the telephone so to speak.

I hate being called at home by people running surveys, or tele-marketers or opion polls etc.. I try to be polite and usually just say something along the lines "Sorry I am really not interested," and then hang up.

I can imagine however many people are actually quite rude and even insulting...

I don't think I would want that job either.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont even bother saying Sorry not interested as soon as I hear an unrecognizable voice I just hang up. Normally I dont even bother answering the phone. I had a friend once who worked at a telemarketing service and holy potatoes I felt bad for her the things people used to say to her. So I can only imagine some of the things people would say.....especially unsatified people!! I hope it all goes ok for you tomorrow!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I dont even bother saying Sorry not interested as soon as I hear an unrecognizable voice I just hang up. Normally I dont even bother answering the phone. I had a friend once who worked at a telemarketing service and holy potatoes I felt bad for her the things people used to say to her. So I can only imagine some of the things people would say.....especially unsatified people!! I hope it all goes ok for you tomorrow!!
You're better than I am! I normally just look at the number on the caller ID and if I don't recognize it, I don't ever answer it. I could NOT work in the telemarketing industry, no way.

Only good thing is the calls are for people who DID call in, in the past 3 days. This is something I get to do for 2 hours each day but the survey is more about the service of the call center rather than the service of the federal government, but at least they know who I am. Not that it helps any, because we have stupid people working here too. Honestly, after having to listen to some of their calls for coaching purposes (another of my jobs) I don't know why some of them aren't gone, or at least filing at this point.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How'd it go? Sure doesn't sound like fun! I hate calling people too! I used to work in a call center and the people where I work now can't understand why I get nervous when I have to call people

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

How'd it go? Sure doesn't sound like fun! I hate calling people too! I used to work in a call center and the people where I work now can't understand why I get nervous when I have to call people
They decided to wait until Monday to start my training. I don't know what they need to train me on except for the spread sheet to put the answers on. They're giving me a script. The funny thing is, I had two helpline calls today from reps that have VERY upset customers and they were demanding to take the survey. I was like "NO, NO...it's a RANDOM survey!!" Keep your fingers crossed I don't have to call one of them back!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewww, I used to cold call in my old sales job. I hated it!

Just keep a positive attitude and it will be easier to deal with

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never answer my phone, so never get unwanted phone calls, LOL!

And I mean never. If you want to talk to me you've got to leave a message or send an email. I never answer my phone!

Wait...there is one exception....if I am expecting a call from my vet...and need to talk with her, as soon as I hear it's her on the machine I pick up. If I don't need to talk with her I just let her leave a message.

I really hate talking on the phone, can you tell?

Calico, I hope it goes okay for you, and you actually end up liking it. 2 hours is a big part of the working day.