Birthday cake for cats?

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, before anything, a big happy b-day to your kitty! I know it's not their birthday quite yet, but there's no harm in starting the celebration early, is there?!

As far as recipes are concerned, I'm not your girl. I can't cook for myself let alone anyone else (kitties included!) without potential catastrophic events
taking place. But, that being said, I did make a "cake" for my girl, Delaney's, birthday a couple of months ago.

What I did was take a small can of her favorite flavor of wet food (it was a pate style) and put it in a fancy schmancy crystal dish and embellished it with "sprinkles" made from some of her most popular treats. Of course, once I snapped the picture, I mashed it all up for her, but I don't think she was bothered by the fact that it wasn't pretty anymore
. Besides, within minutes it was gobbled up and gone
!

I also celebrated her b-day by getting her some toys and having some special, one-on-one time with her. After all, it was my baby's first birthday and she deserved to feel special!

I know this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but it's just another option -- especially if you happen to be as domestically challenged as I am

Oh, and before I forget, here's a pic of Delaney's b-day "cake." Enjoy:

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bcbc mom

Don't know the price range, but there are actually little "pet bakeries" around. They have cakes and cookies specially made for cats and dogs!
that would be my idea ... there are recipes online for some also

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

Well, before anything, a big happy b-day to your kitty! I know it's not their birthday quite yet, but there's no harm in starting the celebration early, is there?!

As far as recipes are concerned, I'm not your girl. I can't cook for myself let alone anyone else (kitties included!) without potential catastrophic events
taking place. But, that being said, I did make a "cake" for my girl, Delaney's, birthday a couple of months ago.

What I did was take a small can of her favorite flavor of wet food (it was a pate style) and put it in a fancy schmancy crystal dish and embellished it with "sprinkles" made from some of her most popular treats. Of course, once I snapped the picture, I mashed it all up for her, but I don't think she was bothered by the fact that it wasn't pretty anymore
. Besides, within minutes it was gobbled up and gone
!

I also celebrated her b-day by getting her some toys and having some special, one-on-one time with her. After all, it was my baby's first birthday and she deserved to feel special!

I know this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but it's just another option -- especially if you happen to be as domestically challenged as I am

Oh, and before I forget, here's a pic of Delaney's b-day "cake." Enjoy:
That's such a cool idea! I never even thought of that. I'm having a 'birthday party' for my cat this Saturday and am getting cupcakes for us people, but I think I may very well do a little 'cake' like this for Genever too. Cute!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just a repeat pic of the "cake" I made my kitty, Delaney, for her birthday this past summer. I know this is an old thread, but since I lost access to the original photos, I'm trying to bump these up so that the pics are able to be viewed again. Sorry for the inconvenience!