I can't hold it in, have to tell someone!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'M PREGNANT!!! My husband and I have been trying for 9 years, and have had 5 miscarriages. I haven't been pregnant at all since 2001, and I lost that baby exactly a month before 9/11. In the past couple of years we just stopped really trying or worrying about it and I don't even keep track of my periods anymore. Just this evening I was thinking about it and started counting on the calendar, and realized that my period is over a week late, and that NEVER happens. My cycle has been 28 days regularly since it first started. I went to buy a test after DS went to bed, and it was DARK positive before the pee went all the way across the test!!!! OMG I can't believe it!! I'm so excited, but also nervous and cautious. If you pray, please do so that this baby sticks. I'm due May 12th.

Funny thing is, yesterday was our first foster parent training class. I think God was waiting until he knew we were REALLY ready to bring a new person into our family.

ETA - For those of you that are friends with me on Facebook, PLEASE I beg you not to mention it or congratulate me on Facebook. We are not telling any of our friends or family until I am 12 weeks along this time. Thank you!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations!
And lots of prayers for a healthy, full-term baby.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!
I will definitely be keeping you, hubby, and baby in my prayers. Also, May 12th is a wonderful day to have a baby. Its my birthday!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Strong that this baby hangs on and joins your family. It cannot be more wanted, methinks.

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
{{HUGS}} We're sending you many good wishes and prayers for a happy, healthy term baby. You've been through so much and I wish you, hubby, and baby the very very very best!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohmygosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS Kara......

What awesome news for a first post to be reading.

I am so truly happy for you.

that all goes well

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations...Im so happy for you..I have friends who are trying like crazy to have a baby and still cant get pregnant....Im sending tons of preggo vibes your way!!!!

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh congrats.....lots of baby dust in hopes that you have a sticky little bean.

I myself had trouble conceiving. In fact at one point I had 4 different pregnancy tests (including different brands) all says positive. However, when I went to the doc he said I either had an early miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy I was devastated. We did everything after that fertility drugs, temperature charts you name it and nothing I quit my job in December of 2006 to spend time with my husband before he deployed to Iraq. We had given up on trying to get pg. We were going to try IUI when he got back from Iraq and what do you know.....one week after he deployed I found out I was pregnant. Our beautiful daughter just turned 2 on August 31.

Good Luck and congrats again!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many Many vibes that this one takes.

I have had friends try for super long & I know how emotionally hard it was for them. I can't imagine. I give you credit for hanging in there. I will say that I had a friend that got once after 8 - 9 years & lost the baby. Not long after they were approached by someone at church to foster (with the hope of adopting) her grand daughter. They said yes & it was not long after that the mother's rights were terminated. They adopted her & became a happy wonderful family. I got to go to the court hearing for the adoption. It was wonderful. They said later that as devistated as they were to lose the baby they realized that it was God preparing them for their little girl. I am not sure what the plan is for your life, but I am sure you are exactly where you should be.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, and many prayers for a full-term healthy baby!

I have a friend who adopted two daughters, after being "sterile" for several years. They were a very happy family, and then when the girls were in school - youngest in 2nd grade, and the mom was 35, she turned up pregnant! They had a healthy boy!

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
CONGRATS!!

for a smooth pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby!