One of the high points of my weekend.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, at least one of the good points. This is Dottie's mother's cat. No name, so far as I know. He looks big and tough, and is an indoor/outdoor cat. He's about 10 years old.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mike... Look at you!!! you found a friend there - and vice-versa, surely! He is HUGE! Looks like is is loving the attention too! I hope by that you don't mean you had a bad time... for a better week!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, we had a good time, but I'm not the "get with family" type. But Dottie is, so we go with it. It was a lot of money to spend for a day and a half up there, but Dottie thought it was worth it.

And, like I said, I caught a cold or sinus infection, so I'm in for a week or two of misery.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Oh, we had a good time, but I'm not the "get with family" type. But Dottie is, so we go with it. It was a lot of money to spend for a day and a half up there, but Dottie thought it was worth it.

And, like I said, I caught a cold or sinus infection, so I'm in for a week or two of misery.
for a speedy recovery Mike

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't felt 100% yet since I had pneumonia in January.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First- feel better vibes...

Second - yeah... yikes that's a big boy!! What do you reckon he weighs? Sure seems to like you!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would gess he weighs 12-15 pounds, and not an ounce of fat on him. He's 10 years old, eats only the cheap Meow Mix food indoors, and you can feel all of his ribs.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might have gotten more sleep had he not been so friendly. Every time I turned over or stirred, all night, he had to have some scritchies and some purring. I loved it!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!! Black kitties are awesome

I hope you feel better

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I might have gotten more sleep had he not been so friendly. Every time I turned over or stirred, all night, he had to have some scritchies and some purring. I loved it!
sounds like little kitten behavior!!! It's the best when they do this...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have two at the shelter that could pass as his brother! Big guys, but friendly...and declawed on the front. About 4 years old. The owner surrendered them, saying she "no longer had time for cats."

Don't you wonder what her new boyfriend's name is?

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

sounds like little kitten behavior!!! It's the best when they do this...
No kidding. I hate them waking me up really early, but the pay off is definitely worth it. There's no sound in the world that's better than that of a purring cat.

We have two at the shelter that could pass as his brother! Big guys, but friendly...and declawed on the front. About 4 years old. The owner surrendered them, saying she "no longer had time for cats."
I'll never know why people do this. If you get an animal, they should be with you for all of their life. You can't just give them up because they become an inconvenience. You have to make sacrifices.

So true!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

People are so stupid. I would NEVER get rid of my kids...er, cats.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so handsome!
I would've petted him, too, even when I should've been sleeping. What a sweetie.

And I don't understand people, either. I bet her new boyfriend's name is "jerkface."