Purring Moments

kunalen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Nacho comes into the bathtub with me in the morning an lies around purring.When I start the shower he is out of the tub.Are there other kitties with similar habits?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of our kitties loved sitting on the side of the tub if one of us was having a bath. She also used to walk into the shower, even if it was going (it didn't hit the far end much). But especially if it's hot, a lot of kitties LOVE tile or the tub - but most of them hate the water!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Callie used to sit on the side of the bathtub between the curtain liner and the shower curtain. It was kinda weird because we had a clear curtain liner!
Now, she just lays on the mat outside the bathtub while I shower. She also accompanies me to the bathroom and sits or lays at my feet while I'm in there.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kunalen

My Nacho comes into the bathtub with me in the morning an lies around purring.When I start the shower he is out of the tub.Are there other kitties with similar habits?
Aya is usually all love-y dove-y in the morning when I get up. Lots of trills, chirps, meows and follows me around with that 'happy to see you' attitude. she follows me inot the shower but ususally retreats to guard the door while I shower. She gets very disturbed if I shut the door however.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hehe yeah Sooty purrs up a storm first thing he circles my feet all the way to the bathroom then guards the shower when im in there he sits there and if anyone tries to go anywhere near the bathroom he chases them away, hes sat there ever since i slipped coming out of the shower (laminate flooring) my little protector, then he has to be picked up and cuddled daft kitty, so saying that he does jump in and gets wet, he loves it

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alley has her own morning bathtub routine(see my other post) and she purrs her loudest when she is in "tub mode".

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my kids were little we lived in a house with a sunken tiled tub, with mirrors on the wall behind it. Our cat liked to sit on the ledge, which was quite wide.

One day I was bathing the kids, and after they got out of the tub, the water was slowly draining out, and the cat was mesmerized, staring at the receding water line, and leaning further and further over the edge until he fell in! Well, he knew he had made the biggest mistake of his life, and immediately jumped out, only he was disoriented and hit the mirror instead, which caused him to fall back into the water!! I was laughing hysterically! His dignity was ruined, but he never made that mistake again!!