September 2009 Photo Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The theme for September 2009 is: “Do Not Disturb a cat in bed!” or cats in either your bed or their bed (awake or asleep, just in bed)!

Basics:
NO CATS CAN BE HARMED FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST! Mildly annoyed , yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying).

1.Only one entry per month, but you can change your mind and submit a different photo during the submission period.
2.No photo that has been featured in a past TCS Calendar can be submitted again. However, photos that were not in the top 3 (or 4 as the case may have been) can be resubmitted if they apply to the theme of the month. Additionally, photos can be submitted for more than one month but can only be voted in to the Calendar (top 3) once.
3.Rights to the winning photographs are granted to www.thecatsite.com for use in future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public.

Photography

1. Photo and all rights must be owned by the submitter.
2.Photo entry must be at least 480 x 640 pixels, with higher resolution/size availability (by email) preferred.
3.Photo must be clear, focused, not manipulated by Photoshop (basic altering such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed) and apply to the theme of the month.
4.Photos that do not necessarily meet #2 and #3 can be entered, but will not make the final voting rounds.

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes.

The prize will include points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. September. The 1st place winner will also have a copy of the 2010 Cats of TheCatSite Calendar sent to them when it's finished. The calendar will include at least the top 3 place cats (possibly more depending on how close the votes are) from each monthly contest!

We also need to mention that winners will be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images will be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public (see above).

Deadline for submission is September 22, 2009.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

For all 2009 Photo Contest Themes, click here!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really like this one as it looks like Whisky is scowling at Oliver but he is just yawning...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it need to be a bed bed, or their favorite place for bed? If this is valid, my post for now....

Or I can enter this one, of Bugsy waiting for me to turn off my laptop on bed.... What do you guys think?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The title of this pic is No Room For You

The story is, I was airing a sleeping bag, but left it out on the line too long and it got damp. I spread it on the bed. When I went in to go to bed, this is what I found. As you can tell by their faces, there was No Room For Me!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost missed this, since it wasn't a sticky

For now, here is my submission. Riley crashed out on the bed after a 2 day drive!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Oh good - I just stuck it because I thought it was supposed to be too

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I'm going for Smudge in all her elegant glory in our bed...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

For now, here is my submission. Riley crashed out on the bed after a 2 day drive!
Oh my goodness!!!! What a great picture!!!! Too much catnip??

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh my goodness!!!! What a great picture!!!! Too much catnip??
Looks like it huh?
He was exhausted after a 2 day drive, lol.

ETA: Sarah, I like the 1st one of Lily in her bed

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I have misunderstood the theme of the pictures requested. When I read "do not disturb" I took it to mean pictures of a cat either being disturbed, or trying not to be disturbed. oh well

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rikki, Jade and Onyx after food and play session.
(I do have the full sized original of this)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Does it need to be a bed bed, or their favorite place for bed? If this is valid, my post for now....

Or I can enter this one, of Bugsy waiting for me to turn off my laptop on bed.... What do you guys think?
I like the first one!!

Originally Posted by sarahp

Ooooh what do you think?

Lily in her bed

Smudge in all her elegant glory in our bed...

Or Smudge on my pillow

I like the one of Lily!

Originally Posted by otto

I guess I have misunderstood the theme of the pictures requested. When I read "do not disturb" I took it to mean pictures of a cat either being disturbed, or trying not to be disturbed. oh well
You can change your submission any time before closing time

ETA:
1.Only one entry per month, but you can change your mind and submit a different photo during the submission period.
Quoted from Heidi's first post in this thread

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the photo have to be one where they're actually ON the bed, or can it be one where they're sleeping in a weird position?

Status
Not open for further replies.