Why can I not see these photos?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I click on the photos in the "My Marty" thread, I get this message:

mrblanche, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have had this problem since I joined the forum, and I've never gotten a satisfactory explanation of why these photos can't be seen on my computer.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have a satisfactory explanation yet. A couple of other members have reported that they can't view the attached photos in that thread, either.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i get that message if i try to open an attachment in the rainbow bridge forum and a couple other random topics to

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's almost as though those photos were stored in the private part of the forum, or something.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had that same message with certain photo attachments.... weirdly some work, and some don't.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the problem too. Been meaning to PM Anne about it, keep forgetting. Hope you see this thread Anne!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

It's almost as though those photos were stored in the private part of the forum, or something.
That's what the message usually means, but some of the people who can't view them have access to the Premier Lounge.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah when i had access to Premier lounge (will be subscribing again soon) i still got the message also

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Can you guys please re-post with links to the actual threads and let me know -
1. Are you getting the message when trying to view the entire thread or just when clicking on the pictures?
2. Any other threads this is happening? I need links please - so I can see which forums they're in. I need to try and match users with threads to try and find a pattern here.

Thanks!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mine is the message mrblanche posted and its when its an attachment within a post in the rainbow bridge forum and t does seem like its everyone ive tried to open in there

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah i cant see them in there either

-_aj_-, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get them here and there too, I will put the links here next time it happens.

It seems like only Mods can see these 'hidden' pics.... The last time I noticed it, only users that had titles such as "Mod" or whatever could see these pics, while the general popluation could not. Maybe the pics are ending up in an Administrator folder of some sorts?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the same message. I have always had this problem but kept forgetting to ask about it.

I can't see any pictures in any thread that are attached in that way. I tried Firefox and IE both, just in case.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the same thing. It must be connected to attaching images vs. hosting them on photobucket or somewhere similar. But if the forum is set up to not allow us to view attachments, then why permit attachments in the first place?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here! If I view this post :

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ighlight=marty

And then click on the attachment, I see this:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/att...5&d=1252150396

taterbug, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Log Out Home

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too, I get this when I click the link above:

KatKisses, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.