My Heart is Breaking

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father is in hospice care. We know that we will be making a trip to Texas very soon for his funeral. He is 86 and has had a very long and healthy life, and he's done exactly what's he wanted with his life, so I believe I have come to accept this.

But my sister - the one who was my mother, my protector, my playmate, my teacher, and the only person who loved me unconditionally the first 32 years of my life - just found out she has melanoma stage IV. She has months, maybe weeks to live.

She did all the right things - six trips to two doctors since she discovered the mole on her foot in January, five times she was told it was just a mole and don't worry, it's fine. The sixth time they finally did a biopsy and now it's too late.

When I was little, she is the one who kept us safe when my parents brought out the guns and started pointing them during their raging fights. She's the one who carried my seriously injured kitty begging for help, pleading and not stopping until my kitty was helped. She was our Easter Bunny and our Santa Claus, agreeing with my parents that she would not receive any gifts because she was the oldest, and the gifts should go to the younger kids. She changed our diapers and made our birthday cakes. She comforted us when we were hurt. She pulled one of my siblings out of drug addiction.

She is our family counselor, she's the one we call when we have a problem. She's talked to me for hours at at time when I'm trying to deal with the past abuse from our mother, or even when I just can't find something I misplaced; she's always been there to help and make everything better.

Her life has been a very difficult one; she has dealt with chronic pain her entire adult life, yet she has never complained and always, always has had time for anyone who needs some kind words or some wisdom.

When she told me the diagnosis, the next words out of her mouth were, "I'm worried about you, if you will be all right."

A big part of me has always belonged to her. I don't know what I will do when she's gone. I can feel my heart breaking.

If you have any spare prayers or vibes, please direct them to my sister Linda in Texas (don't send me any - I am okay - please send them to her). Thanks so much.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Your heart must be breaking. Your Sister sounds like the most wonderful person. You and your sister will be in my heart and in my prayers

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking reading this. I am so sorry, beyond sorry. I will pray for her, and your whole family. Linda sounds like an amazing, wonderful, caring and compassionate women. The world would be a better place if there were more people like her.

x infinity.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very, very sorry about your sister's diagnosis, and will keep her in my thoughts. for you, and mega for Linda.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry - my thoughts and prayers with your sister, and your whole family.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Please Kat don´t give up!...

TCS is here for you!

I wished have the solution but I don´t...
BUT I´m here for you my friend!-.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister and her challenges, and the possible losses you are facing. I've experienced the loss of a sibling who also endured abuse with me in our family of origin. The loss and void is horrible.

Can I ask if your sis has had a second opinion? I personally know of an excellent doctor who specializes in melanoma in Houston, if you need/want a name....

BIG HUGS...for ALL of you.

Cally

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many and prayers for your sister and your whole family. I just started a 30 day prayer set, so you can be sure she will be remembered in it.

We have one of the best cancer hospitals in the world here in Texas, so she couldn't be in better hands.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, you are going through so much. I hope you do have other good family and friends who can help you face this ordeal. ANd TCS is here too. You will be in my thoughts.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
lots of for your sister. She sounds like a very wonderful and special person.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cat, I'm sorry. This really is heartbreaking. I will definitely keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers -- and there are plenty for you, too.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Sending prayers for you and your sister. You know there are plenty to go around. So sorry to hear what you're both going through.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, I'm so sorry
. There is really nothing I can say except you, Linda and your family and in my thoughts and prayers. Many for Linda. She sounds like a very strong woman and she may just surprise everyone.