Oven-Baked Tradition - First food EVER that Cello keeps down....

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've found it... a food that is high quality, with big kibble, that Cello doesn't vomit back up *runs around house knocking on wood*

Oven-Baked Tradition

http://www.ovenbakedtradition.com/en/index.html

It has large kibble that causes him to eat slowly, so no purging at all yet (he's been on it for 10 days, that's a new record for no vomiting after eating). Plus Kismet even likes it, so for the first time ever they are eating the same food!

Anyone else use this food? Any feedback (sharky) on the quality??

"Ocean white fish, ground brown rice, ground oats, ocean fish meal, eggs product, pumpkin, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract), ground whole flaxseed, dried beet pulp, whey protein concentrate, lecithin, phosphoric acid, xanthan gum, herring oil, inulin (prebiotic), fresh whole blueberries, fresh whole sweet potatoes, fresh whole carrots, fresh whole apples, fresh spinach, yucca schidigera extract, potassium sulphate, DL-methionine, dried pineapple, antioxidant (citric acid, tocopherols and rosemary extract), choline chloride, potassium chloride, taurine, green tea extract (catechin), garlic powder, parsley, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, dried kelp, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus lactis, lactobacillus casei, vitamins and minerals [ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, niacin, vitamin E supplement, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, copper sulphate, manganous oxide, vitamin A, selenium, thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, vitamin D3, vitamin K, calcium iodate], natural flavour. May contain trace amounts of peanuts."

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

I think I've found it... a food that is high quality, with big kibble, that Cello doesn't vomit back up *runs around house knocking on wood*

Oven-Baked Tradition

It has large kibble that causes him to eat slowly, so no purging at all yet (he's been on it for 10 days, that's a new record for no vomiting after eating). Plus Kismet even likes it, so for the first time ever they are eating the same food!

"Ocean white fishPrefer MEAL in a dry as this formula is mostly rice oat s then fish, ground brown rice, ground oats, ocean fish meal, eggs productI do prefer NAMED fish , pumpkin, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract), ground whole flaxseed, dried beet pulp, whey protein concentrate, lecithin, phosphoric acid, xanthan gum, herring oil, inulin (prebiotic), fresh whole blueberries, fresh whole sweet potatoes, fresh whole carrots, fresh whole apples, fresh spinach, yucca schidigera extract, potassium sulphate, DL-methionine, dried pineapple, antioxidant (citric acid, tocopherols and rosemary extract), choline chloride, potassium chloride, taurine, green tea extract (catechin), garlic powder, parsley, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, dried kelp, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus lactis, lactobacillus casei, vitamins and minerals [ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, niacin, vitamin E supplement, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, copper sulphate, manganous oxide, vitamin A, selenium, thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, vitamin D3, vitamin K, calcium iodate], natural flavour. May contain trace amounts of peanuts."
It is okay .. ie solid premium

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To Sharky about her comment on the fish: they say on the website the fish is Menhaden fish - No idea why they wouldn't write on the package though...

To the OP: This sounds like a very good food with solid ingredients, made by a very good company, in Human Grade facility, utilizing quality, fresh, edible meats... Don't have any of the nasties and Cello is doing great on it.............. The latter alone makes an EXCELLENT food on my book! If Cello all of the sudden is not vomiting anymore, and to top it of, it is a quality food..... and to top it off Kismet likes it and is eating the same food??? FANTASTIC!!!

That is awesome!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

To Sharky about her comment on the fish: they say on the website the fish is Menhaden fish - No idea why they wouldn't write on the package though...

To the OP: This sounds like a very good food with solid ingredients, made by a very good company, in Human Grade facility, utilizing quality, fresh, edible meats... Don't have any of the nasties and Cello is doing great on it.............. The latter alone makes an EXCELLENT food on my book! If Cello all of the sudden is not vomiting anymore, and to top it of, it is a quality food..... and to top it off Kismet likes it and is eating the same food??? FANTASTIC!!!

That is awesome!!!
Just a side note ... Human grade is a misnomer ... ie a company can put that on if they use a human facility at night ... ie NOTHING to do with what the food is made from ... as Menhaden fish is NOT human grade

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharky: you said you preferred a named fish - I gave you the name of fish, that's all - I was not debating.
as far the the human grade facility: this specific company manufacturers the food in their own facility, which is human grade. They get fresh meats, good for human consumption, either from the US, or New Zealand. They make the food entirely in their OWN facility, which IS human grade 100% of the time, (Bio Biscuit, in Canada)... so in this case it is not a misnomer....
Besides, what matters here IMHHO is that Cello is not Vomiting after eating..........
This is a solid food, not junk, not kitty crack, not SD..... and yet, both kitties are doing great on it. In my book, this makes the best food in the world to the OP.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Sharky: you said you preferred a named fish - I gave you the name of fish, that's all - I was not debating.
as far the the human grade facility: this specific company manufacturers the food in their own facility, which is human grade. They get fresh meats, good for human consumption, either from the US, or New Zealand. They make the food entirely in their OWN facility, which IS human grade 100% of the time, (Bio Biscuit, in Canada)... so in this case it is not a misnomer....
Besides, what matters here IMHHO is that Cello is not Vomiting after eating..........
This is a solid food, not junk, not kitty crack, not SD..... and yet, both kitties are doing great on it. In my book, this makes the best food in the world to the OP.
NO I was not meaning to debate JUST FYI type stuff... Pm me if you really want to know about that Particular fish ... Per American Standards It is not human grade ( too me not a big issue as I fully understand the grades and what = what
\\
I am THRILLED Cello can eat a DRY food
YIPPY Cello

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wondering OUTLOUD ... I wonder if the baking process makes the food easier for Cello to digest ....

typical food is extruded - 250-350 F for 10-15 minutes ave

Baking - 400 plus F for 45-55 minutes on ave

Could it be Cellos system prefers "thoroughly" cooked

zoe2009

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in PA, and don't see where anywhere around here sells it. Where do you get it. And does it reduce amount of poo?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Wondering OUTLOUD ... I wonder if the baking process makes the food easier for Cello to digest ....

typical food is extruded - 250-350 F for 10-15 minutes ave

Baking - 400 plus F for 45-55 minutes on ave

Could it be Cellos system prefers "thoroughly" cooked
Totally possible. I'm just happy there is something he keeps down! He gets Max Cat wet food as well.... I just like to keep a dry he can eat for weekends I go away (can't leave wetfood out) and I think it's good for his teeth, so I'm quite pleased...

Originally Posted by zoe2009

I live in PA, and don't see where anywhere around here sells it. Where do you get it. And does it reduce amount of poo?
I get it at a store called "ryan's quality pet food" but I think they are only in Ontario. There is a store locater on their website you could try

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
check feed stores... My local feed store ( small town ) actually carry s it

HermesTheCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for raising this old thread but I am just as excited as the original poster.

My poor cat Hermes could not keep food down. I have tried dry,wet, premium, less premium. This OBT (I use the duck variety) has been great. He has his energy back and does not vomit. He doesn't seem to jump on it as he did his Friskies-crack but at least this doesn't make him sick.

If you cat seems like he has a sensitive stomach, this seems like a good food. Good if you want to test for chicken allergy too.

Cheers

Oven-Baked Tradition

"Ocean white fish, ground brown rice, ground oats, ocean fish meal, eggs product, pumpkin, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract), ground whole flaxseed, dried beet pulp, whey protein concentrate, lecithin, phosphoric acid, xanthan gum, herring oil, inulin (prebiotic), fresh whole blueberries, fresh whole sweet potatoes, fresh whole carrots, fresh whole apples, fresh spinach, yucca schidigera extract, potassium sulphate, DL-methionine, dried pineapple, antioxidant (citric acid, tocopherols and rosemary extract), choline chloride, potassium chloride, taurine, green tea extract (catechin), garlic powder, parsley, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, dried kelp, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus lactis, lactobacillus casei, vitamins and minerals [ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, niacin, vitamin E supplement, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, copper sulphate, manganous oxide, vitamin A, selenium, thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, vitamin D3, vitamin K, calcium iodate], natural flavour. May contain trace amounts of peanuts."