SO EXCITED - IN One month..............

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am meeting my mom, twin sister, nephew, brother, niece, and my sister in Law In Mexico City
I haven't seen them in over 2 years!
My brother is spending a year living in there getting his post-PhD and teaching in the university, and everybody is coming to see him!!!!!!!
I can't wait!!!!!
And guess what??????? I will meet Rigel too

Rigel - Save the date - it looks like I am arriving October 2nd!!!

I am so excited!!!!! I miss my family!
: heart3:

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I am meeting my mom, twin sister, nephew, brother, niece, and my sister in Law In Mexico City
My brother is spending a year living in there getting his post-PhD and teaching in the university, and everybody is coming to see him!!!!!!!
I can't wait!!!!!

Absolutely!...

Count at list for a phoce call of course in live my friend from my city to your city arrive!...
Maybe this way we can make a "VIRTUAL" meeting in my country!..
...LOL!

the date is schudule in my agenda!..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's great, Carolina! Living in a foreign country myself, I know how tough it is to be so far from your family, and how precious the times are that you manage to spend with them. I guess you're counting down the days.

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats!! It'll be here before you know it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now it is reallllllllll!!!!!!! My brother bought my ticket today!
!
I am so excited I can't stand it!!!! I can't wait to see my mommy, my sis, my little nephew, my bro, my niece..... the only one missing is my dad

I am sooooo happyyyyyyy!!!!!!! It's going to be a blast!!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wondering...

did you make the arregements about your fur-kitts?...
who going to make in charge?...

Bugsy?....Hope? or Lucky...?...LOL!....
_

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Just wondering...

did you make the arregements about your fur-kitts?...
who going to make in charge?...

Bugsy?....Hope? or Lucky...?...LOL!....
_
I do have an electric feeder, for the dry food, so we are fine there... We are also fine as far as the water, as we do have a fountain.... we might need to splurge on a Drinkwell, 'cause of the bigger reservoir...

Now to Hope.... She is the one that concerns me.... and here is why.... My neighbor has Alzheimer's, and now it is getting worst... So, I need to be careful about this one, to not hurt her feelings.... I will write down everything for her, to make it easy, and now that I have a camera on, It will be easy to monitor it as well, I guess.... My concern is that Hope ONLY eats wet, so if she forgets..............
What I am thinking is to Call her in the am, and wait by the camera - when I see that she fed, then I leave the house... do this 3x/day.... it will suck, but... or..... I can get my other neighbors to do it; I actually have many choices...But then I would be hurting my kitties grandma's feelings....
Oh boy... what do I do?

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome you'll get a family reunion in Mexico. 2 years is a long time to be apart. Have a great time!

As for the cats and your neighbor with Alzheimers, maybe if you don't want to hurt her feelings, ask her to come in maybe 2 or 3 days, and say you'll have another person come in the rest of the time, so as not to burden her? That way it sounds more like you don't want to impose, rather than you're not too sure if she'll get it right.

Hope you sort it out anyway so you can enjoy your trip!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I can't wait!!!!!

: heart3:
That is SOOO cool, and hopefully you do get to meet Rigel!

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh excellent Carolina!!!!!
Remember pictures is a huge must!

I hope you all have a fab time
yes yes, pictures pictures!!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds great!

Maybe you can ask your neighbour to come by in the morning to do just that feeding, and spend some time with them, and ask someone else to do the other feedings. That way your neighbour doesn't feel cast aside, but you know you will still have someone to make sure they get enough food.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Sounds great!

Maybe you can ask your neighbour to come by in the morning to do just that feeding, and spend some time with them, and ask someone else to do the other feedings. That way your neighbour doesn't feel cast aside, but you know you will still have someone to make sure they get enough food.
Yeah - I am getting pretty thorn here.... she is asking me every day when I am going.... She really really really wants to help me, and in the past, she always took care of my kitties, but this time is different because of Hope...
I do have an electronic feeder for Lucky and Bugsy's dry food, and the two water fountains that hold a week worth of water, so if she didn't come for a day or two, it wasn't a big deal, you know... But now with Hope, on a all wet diet, things change completely!
I am noticing that her memory is failing a lot - example........ yesterday we went to lunch and I asked her son's name... she forgot...

It's been 3 days that she comes to my window to check on the dates I am going... only to forget and come back on the next day... She comes to the window to ask about something... and I say...."you want to know when I am leaving?" she says "yeah, I think so... God, I need to write that down!"
Yesterday I went to take the litter I bought her to her house, and noticed that her kitties had pooped outside of the box... The litter room stunk- when I checked, the box was filthy.... she forgot to clean it for a few days...
God, Lucky will NOT use a dirty litter box!! these things are concerning me, you know... what if she forgets?
And if I ask my other neighbor, it will break her heat into pieces - I know it will.... because she really really wants to help....