May be gone for a few days

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're heading out in a few minutes to Love Field to catch a flight to Manchester, New Hampshire. We're going to attend a birthday party for Dottie's mother, who just turned 90.

We should be back Monday evening. I may have access to a computer up there, but don't expect me until you see the whites of my ... well, my typing.

(Trivia: Colonel Prescott, who allegedly said "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!" was from Dottie's home town of Pepperell, MA.)

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

That's worth celebrating!
Have a safe trip and a great time!
That is definitely worth celebrating. Have a great trip! The weather is supposed to be nice all weekend up here!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd wave to you as you fly over
but I'm on the other side of town.

At least the weather is good being good here this weekend. At the moment it's 79 and partly cloudy. Have a good time at the party!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm back! Did you miss me?

The good news is that the party was fine. It was for both Dottie's mom and for her sister's first grandson, her mom's first great grandchild. The weather was pretty good, the flights were all fine.

The bad news is that I caught a cold sleeping in a draft the first night. Their A/C is having a problem, and it was too hot in the house without opening up the doors on both sides of the living room, where we slept.

The additional good news is that they have a really nice big black cat that kept me company both nights. I took a picture of him, and I'll have it up later.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the thread with the cat:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203982

We went on Southwest Airlines, so of course, we got the grand tour of the eastern U.S. We flew from Dallas to OKC to Baltimore to Manchester, NH, on the way up. Coming back, we went from Manchester to Orlando to Houston to Dallas.

SW is VERY good at the quick turnaround.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

SW is continually rated the best airline in the U.S. It is yet another thing we Texans can brag about.
The history of SW is one of those things that, when you understand it, you understand a lot of Texas.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bummer! I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I live in MA. I could have picked you up from the airport! We could have talked kitties!

What do you think of NH and MA coming from TX? Did your wife grow up herre?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My wife grew up in Pepperell, MA, and her sister lives in Concord, NH. That's who picked us up. But we would have loved to get together with you Sunday evening. We just sat around the house, doing a lot of nothing.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear you got sick.

The kitty was so cute. He was totally smitten with you!

Too bad you couldn't have stayed a little while longer and seen the coast or the white mountains. It is a very nice place to vacation.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Sorry to hear you got sick.

The kitty was so cute. He was totally smitten with you!

Too bad you couldn't have stayed a little while longer and seen the coast or the white mountains. It is a very nice place to vacation.
I'm beginning to think I was allergic to something up there, maybe some pollen or something. Or possibly mold in the house; no one takes care of it, much.

I've been all over up there, and I agree, it's a great place to visit for about 3 weeks in the spring, 3 weeks in the fall, and the week before Christmas.