Taking my girls to a show this weekend in Phoenix

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The Saturday and Sunday shows are billed as two separate shows because different clubs are sponsoring them. However, it will work basically the same way as a two-day show. There are six rings each day. My benching assignment will stay the same so I can leave the cages set up over night.

I'm taking all four ladies on Saturday and two on Sunday. I have a friend coming to help me wrangle cats on Saturday, but he was planning to go out of town on Sunday. He told me yesterday that his plans had changed and he won't be leaving until Monday, so he could help on Sunday if I needed him. Far too late to change my entries, of course.

I won't be showing Cali, she was terrified at the first show in June. She's entered for exhibition only. She'll be sharing a cage with one of the other kitties and I'll have a sign up "available for adoption".

Iris did very well at her first show and I'm hoping she'll do at least as well this time. It will be the first show for Shareena and Miss Patchwillow. I'm not at all confident that they'll behave themselves, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

According the the unofficial show count, there are 15 HHP's on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. Not as many as the last show I entered, but enough to make it an interesting competition.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Good Luck to you at the show.
There are only 7 HHP etered at our show on sunday.
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Good luck and hope everyone does well and hopefully you will find a good home for the one
Originally Posted by missymotus

Good luck
Thanks, Everybody. I've got to get to bed now so I won't sleep through the show tomorrow. I'm coming home in between the two shows so should be able to give you a report tomorrow evening.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I show Gigi tomorrow--11 HHPs at our show. Enough to make it interesting too!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So tomorrow on show we have Goldycat's 2, Top Catty, Nial's cats (Ty?), Cleo, mine & Nana's two -- anyone else I've forgotten?

Good luck everybody!

ETA: Forgot Gigi! I'm leaving for my show in 5 hours and haven't had any sleep yet

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck to everybody!!!!!!!!!!

In a little while I'll be getting ready to leave for the show for my fun day and fact-finding mission! And shopping!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I think I jinxed myself at the start. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to wear the team t-shirt from a 200 mile relay I ran in last February. The team name: UTTER CHAOS!

My plan was to leave at 5:45 AM, pick up my friend who was helping wrangle cats, and get to the show hall to check in by 7:30. All four ladies were sitting by the door while I was loading stuff into the car. Then the second it was time to round up cats, Cali decided to play hide and seek. It took me another 15 minutes to catch her. I was still on track because I had allowed an extra 20 minutes in my timetable.

Then 2 or 3 miles from my friend's apartment, I had a flat!
While I was waiting for him to come pick me up, a fellow came along and helped me change the tire. Unfortunately, the little spare tire didn't have a lot of air in it, but it was good enough to get me to my friend's apartment. We switched all the cats and show paraphernalia over to his car and managed to get there by about 8:15. We really had to scramble to get the cages set up by show time.

A lot of the cats at the show today were restless or skittish. There was a huge storm outside with thunder loud enough to hear in the show hall. I imagine the kitties could hear it a lot more than we could. My kitties did fairly well even though they all started out looking a little shell-shocked. Miss Patchwillow was the most timid at first, but she relaxed around the middle of the day. Then by the time she got to the last ring she was ready to be done with the whole deal. She hissed at the judge. Of course, this was more than an hour after the show should have ended. I guess the judging was slower than anticipated, but it was really frustrating because we had almost an hour and a half wait between the 5th and 6th rings.

For those of you who are still reading, here are today's results {drum roll}

Ring 1:
Iris 9th best
Shareena 6th best

Ring 2:
Iris 4th best
Miss Patchwillow 5th best
Shareena 7th best

Ring 3:
Miss Patchwillow 8th best
Shareena 10th best

Ring 4:
Iris 8th best
Shareena 9th best

Ring 5:
Shareena 7th best

Ring 6:
Iris 3rd best
Shareena 5th best

Tomorrow I'm taking only Shareena and Iris. There will be six rings again with all different judges.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats
Good Luck tomorrow.
I am going to a split show in November.
Were there 12 cats in HHP.
I saw the counts for your show.
We only have 7 HHP.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

Congrats
Good Luck tomorrow.
I am going to a split show in November.
Were there 12 cats in HHP.
I saw the counts for your show.
We only have 7 HHP.
There were 15 entered for today, but one must have canceled. We started out with 14, but one kitten was pulled after the first two rings because she was acting up. I think the count is still officially 14 even though only 13 were shown for most of the day. There are 12 entered for tomorrow.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found todays count for your show.
You have a better turn out then we do this time.
Did you see any sphynx there?
Not sure why it has the weather for 2 days for my show when it is a 1 day show.
It will be nice to get out of this heat here.

05. AZ, PHOENIX: Kino Kat Klub. 6AB.
Weather: Isolated T-storms, mid-90's

Kittens
LH - 24
SH - 38
AB - 62

Championship
LH – 33 (17)
SH – 46 (22)
AB – 79 (39)

Premiership
LH – 12 (2)
SH – 29 (10)
AB – 41 (12)

HHP - 15

Kino show total - 197

--------------------------------------------------
06. AZ, PHOENIX: Superstition Cat Fanciers. 6AB, 6HHP. .
Weather: Isolated T-storms, mid-90's

Kittens
LH - 25
SH - 42
AB - 67

Championship
LH – 35 (18)
SH – 42 (20)
AB – 77 (38)

Premiership
LH – 14 (3)
SH – 27 (10)
AB – 41 (13)

HHP - 12

Superstition show total – 197

--------------------------------------------------
06. CA, HAYWARD: Golden Gate Cat Club. 5AB, 1Spec. .
Weather: Partly cloudy both days, 73 Saturday, 69 Sunday.

Kittens:
LH - 21
SH - 24
AB - 45

Championship:
LH – 23 (14)
SH – 22 (11)
AB – 45 (25)

Premiership:
LH – 11 (4)
SH – 19 (8)
AB – 30 (12)

Total Exhibition Only - 7

Total For Sale Entries - 8

Total HHPs - 7

Total Cats Entered – 142

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I took only Shareena and Iris to the show today since I didn't have a helper. They were both more relaxed, although Shareena still has a way to go to be a really good show cat. Everybody loves her color, but she mostly just crouches down on the judges' tables instead of showing off. Shareena did slightly better the yesterday and Iris did better today.

There were 11 HHP's in the show today, so they gave rosettes to the top 10 and a toy to the 11th place cat.

Ring 1:
Iris 4th best
Shareena 9th best

Ring 2:
Iris 10th best
Shareena 8th best

Ring 3:
Iris Best Cat

Shareena 11th

Ring 4:
Iris 6th best
Shareena 9th best

Ring 5:
Iris 2nd best

Shareena 3rd best

Ring 6:
Iris 10th best
Shareena 9th best

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

I found todays count for your show.
You have a better turn out then we do this time.
Did you see any sphynx there?
There were 15 HHP's entered on Saturday and 12 on Sunday, but one cat was absent both days so we ended up with 14 and 11. I don't know what the final count was for the whole show. They announced quite a few as absent at the beginning of the show.

According to the catalog there were only two sphynx there, one cat and one kitten. I saw both of them in passing but couldn't stop to chat because I was carrying one of my kitties either to or from a judging ring. I did watch two of the AB kitten finals and the sphynx got Best Kitten in both of them--a beautiful little black and white girl.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They might have been Dee Dees sphynx.
They always do well.
Cleo did good today and I was benched next to Aub who shows in HHP.
She is a friend of mine.
When is your next show?
Maybe alot of people decided not to come because it is a holiday weekend.